Buying a paintball gun, need some help.

lol schnope, get a cocker now that i think about it, most upgradeable gun ever, you can a $150 one and upgrade it to one of, if not the best gun on the field

boardordi3 said:
lol schnope, get a cocker now that i think about it, most upgradeable gun ever, you can a $150 one and upgrade it to one of, if not the best gun on the field

cockers are fine, but I just wouldn't get one unless I got one for really cheap. Just don't like them that much.
But since u are going to be playing in a forest (right?) get a tippman. Don't even think about other brands.

why not? i mean, just cause ur in a forest doesnt mean anything, i use my bko or cocker in the forest at my friends house all the time, tippmans are just "made for" woodsball, cause ther more like realism, but any gun will be fine, tippmans are dirt cheap, which means ur also buyin a lot of parts, and i still dont get how the f*ck they put those things together, i dont think half the people at tippman can fix those things, everythings got a different wrench

I have a tippman 98, worked fine for me...But you guys can say what you want, I dont want to force him to buy mine...

I have a SmartParts Ion and I LOVE IT best gun for the price (199) 18bps, very light, I recommend it to everyone,

We can talk it over on aim or something...Im preety sure I can give you something in the price range you are loooking for..

boardordi3 said:
why not? i mean, just cause ur in a forest doesnt mean anything, i use my bko or cocker in the forest at my friends house all the time, tippmans are just "made for" woodsball, cause ther more like realism, but any gun will be fine, tippmans are dirt cheap, which means ur also buyin a lot of parts, and i still dont get how the f*ck they put those things together, i dont think half the people at tippman can fix those things, everythings got a different wrench

Because they are designed for woodsball they are
a) accurate at long ranges, get a flatline barrel to ur a-5 and it will most likely be more accurate at long ranges and fly further than a paintball shot from a $1000+ electronic marker
b) reliable, I've shot quite much with the 98 custom, never chopped a ball, never had any other problems. U can ask anyone, the 98 custom is probably the most reliable marker there is.
c) no electronic parts, since playing in the woods the gun can get a lot of moisture, which is not good for any kind of parts but even worse if u have electronic stuff like batteries in there.
d)pretty cheap, basic design. There isn't any too complicated stuff inside them (well I'v only opened a 98 custom, so don't know about the a-5) so it's not too hard to fix one when u are out playing.
e) u can get all sorts of sights to them, because the hopper goes to the side u can attach many kinds of sights. Also even without any new sights the aiming is easier because u can actually see directly at the target because the feed tube ain't on the way.

and stuff like that. :p

mammikoura said:
Because they are designed for woodsball they are
a) accurate at long ranges, get a flatline barrel to ur a-5 and it will most likely be more accurate at long ranges and fly further than a paintball shot from a $1000+ electronic marker
b) reliable, I've shot quite much with the 98 custom, never chopped a ball, never had any other problems. U can ask anyone, the 98 custom is probably the most reliable marker there is.
c) no electronic parts, since playing in the woods the gun can get a lot of moisture, which is not good for any kind of parts but even worse if u have electronic stuff like batteries in there.
d)pretty cheap, basic design. There isn't any too complicated stuff inside them (well I'v only opened a 98 custom, so don't know about the a-5) so it's not too hard to fix one when u are out playing.
e) u can get all sorts of sights to them, because the hopper goes to the side u can attach many kinds of sights. Also even without any new sights the aiming is easier because u can actually see directly at the target because the feed tube ain't on the way.

and stuff like that. :p

a)yeah bullshit, they chop 24/7 no vision, and a flatlines $200, doesnt help the marker itself sucks
b)okay, youve obviously only shot it once, because mine chopped like crazy, and once it chops, you need a f*ck*n allen wrench to squegee it
c)w/e, as long as you dont drop it youll be alright
d)no, thats where your wrong, the things fine to fix, but its a bitch to take it apart during a game, you might as well splat a ball on ur face and walk out then try to take apart that thing
e)yeah, cmon man, sights dont do shit, no paintball gun is accurate enough for a sight

DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY
this is my opinion from owning one, and i dont mean to disrespect mammourika

Back
Top Bottom