Dell Inspiron 6400 (1505)

-Intel® Core™ Duo Proc T2050 (1.60GHz/533MHz/2 X 1MB
L2 Cache)

-Windows XP Home

-15.4 Inch Widexcreen Display with TrueLife

-1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm

-120GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

-256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™

-Dell Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

would it be good for games like WoW, counterstrike, halo, unreal and planetside and stuff? and i think it only comes with dual core. i just want it not to lag.

Personally, for laptops, the only way to go is Intel. Turion = horrible. The Dell Inspiron E1505 should be fine for light gaming. Don't expect to get extraordinary framerates or great graphics, but don't think it'll bomb your games.

For the games you've listed, it should be fine. World of Warcraft, Halo, Unreal Tournament (2004?), and Planetside aren't too intense on the GPU. For Counterstrike, if you play Source, you might have to twrak with the settings, but if you play 1.6 it should be fine.

^ Thanks alot, but for better gaming would u reccomend the Alienware Area-51m5500 rather than the Inspiron? its the $900 notebook. i just need one thts somewhat affordable.

This laptop should play most of those games since they are older.

Don't expect to play too many newer games though. The Radeon X1400 is not that great for any heavy gaming. The processor is a little weak as well but will be decent for most of those games. I would try to get at least a T2300 or T2400, or higher if you can, like the T2500, they have come well down in price so you should try for one of those.

Personally I don't think you should buy laptops just for gamming but it's nice to be able to play games on the side. This one will be decent for games, more so if you upgrade that CPU. Oh, and I really do think you should try and go for a higher CPU. You can't upgrade laptops so it's best to buy something good at the time and pay a little extra so it will last you longer.

Tommy Boy said:
Yeah, it'd be decent, but it would be better with an AMD processor.
AMD does not own the gaming industry anymore, and they've never been better than Intel when it came to laptops. AMD Turion sucks, Core Duo is much much better, and once the Merom core comes out for the notebook, AMD will have trouble competing in the laptop market.

In other news, yeah that laptop should play the games you want like WoW CS:S or whatever. I own an Inspiron, regardless of what people think, Dell laptops are very reliable.

i have the dell inspiron e1705, it is really good, 17 inch screen
about 1000-1500, i would get the 1500 it is recomended out of them for gaming.
here are the specs:

# Processor: Intel T2500 2.0GHz Core Duo
# Motherboard Chipset: Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM
# Hard Drive: 100GB 7200RPM SATA (Hitachi TraveStar)
# Memory/RAM: 1GB (1,024MB) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (667MHz)
# Screen: 17.0" UXGA TrueLife (1900 x 1200 pixel resolution glossy screen)
# Graphics: nVidia GeForce Go 7800 256MB
# Optical Drive: DVD +/-RW with DL DVD+R write capacity
# Battery: 9-cell (standard size 6-cell, 9-cell extended life optional)
# Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11 a/b/g)
# User Input: Touchpad
# Dimensions: 15.5" x 11.3" x 1.6" (Width x Depth x Height)
# TV Tuner: Optional external USB TV Tuner with remote control upgrade for $104
# Weight: 8.1 lbs

Looks great. The 7800 should perform admirably. The T2500 is great processor. You might think about waiting until notebook manufacturers start building with Intel Core 2 Duo chips. They're just better all around for gaming, and multimedia.

Back
Top Bottom