Laptop running slow

mtotho

In Runtime
ok this is the 4th time ive tried postingthis, it keeps on failling to post, and gives me this error "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 20 seconds exceeded in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\computerforums\includes\functions.php on line 490"

any way, i have a dell inspiron e1705, intel centrino duo, good geforce gfx card, 1gb of ram, 87 gb of usable space. Here is my problem, my computer is running extremely slow,ive tried registry defrag, spyware cleaning, virus, and no good, disk cleanup too. no luck. Here is the thing, my disk is really fragged, and whenever i do the disk defragmenter, it takes about 45 minutes to get to 3 percent, and then it fails, i thought it was the fact that i only had 15 percent free space, so i deleted stuff, and tried it with 45 percent free space, no luck, although it got to about 10 percent in the same speed as it got to 3 percent before, which is still slow,seeing how u can usualy do a whole disk defrag in about 20-30 minutes, any one have anysuggestions of what the porblem is with my computer being slow,and if its the disk defrag, how do i fix that. thanks

Here are the specs if anyone would like to know

# Processor: Intel T2500 2.0GHz Core Duo
# Motherboard Chipset: Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM
# Hard Drive: 100GB 7200RPM SATA (Hitachi TraveStar)
# Memory/RAM: 1GB (1,024MB) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (667MHz)
# Screen: 17.0" UXGA TrueLife (1900 x 1200 pixel resolution glossy screen)
# Graphics: nVidia GeForce Go 7800 256MB
# Optical Drive: DVD +/-RW with DL DVD+R write capacity
# Battery: 9-cell (standard size 6-cell, 9-cell extended life optional)
# Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11 a/b/g)
# User Input: Touchpad
# Dimensions: 15.5" x 11.3" x 1.6" (Width x Depth x Height)
# TV Tuner: Optional external USB TV Tuner with remote control upgrade for $104
# Weight: 8.1 lbs

well i got a laptop like that and it don't run slow... maybe a virus or spyware..?....or sometimes just format and start fresh like i do..lol

well it was fast, that is why i posted this topic, and i dont have the windows cd, i cant find them, and to buy new windows media center is like 300 dollars

Back
Top Bottom