Help overclocking Athlon 3400

mRoblivion

Baseband Member
I have an AMD Athlon 3400+ and a Gigabyte K8VM800M Socket 754 running with 2 sticks of PC3200 @ 200 MHz 512MB RAM
Heres the specs for the mobo: Click Here
I want to overclock the cpu but not sure exactly what to do in the bios... I've read many cases about people OCing this same equipment so I know its possible and I've read about an auto overclock feature... not sure what they were talking about. For all of you overclockers out there I need some help!! lol

If your motherboard has an option for automatic overclocking, you can find it in the BIOS. Look under the different menus.

To overclock manually, you must increase your Front Side Bus speed. There should be an option for this on your motherboard BIOS as well. I've never used your motherboard so you have to search for them as each motherboard is different. The manual will tell you what options you can find under different menus.

mRoblivion said:
I have an AMD Athlon 3400+ and a Gigabyte K8VM800M Socket 754 running with 2 sticks of PC3200 @ 200 MHz 512MB RAM
Heres the specs for the mobo: Click Here
I want to overclock the cpu but not sure exactly what to do in the bios... I've read many cases about people OCing this same equipment so I know its possible and I've read about an auto overclock feature... not sure what they were talking about. For all of you overclockers out there I need some help!! lol

Finally someone with a 3400! I think I was the only one with that, for a long time...Yeah I havent oc'd yet, and I dont really think I will, as I need to buy a new heatsink...Maybe after that..Good luck with that though..

Yeah, you can overclock that don't worry. Some manufacturers lock the bios, so you cant overclock, but if you built it yourself no worries. Try look at the links mammikoura posted. Just make sure you have adequate cooling power, because overclocking heats up the processor more that it would usually.

Back
Top Bottom