restart problems

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
lately everytime i join a server in call of duty, i get to play at least 10 minutes of gameplay and then my screen goes blank and restarts my computer. and when windows restarts i get this message.
untitled-1.jpg

that doesn't tell me much, but thanks microsoft :rolleyes:

also i've just got this virus that AVG detected called winpatch and it shows up in my C: drive. i let AVG heal it and it goes away. but i got it twice in one day so far. so i don't know if that could be related to the problem.

i don't think my video card is overheating because the game is pretty old and the graphics aren't that great. i just reinstalled call of duty to see if thats the problem but no luck there. so any ideas on what is going on? if not i'm planning on restoring my computer and starting fresh soon. :D

Do you have your processor overclocked? Maybe run memtest86 for a while to see if it might be your ram.
Are your other temps okay?

Tommy Boy said:
Do you have your processor overclocked? Maybe run memtest86 for a while to see if it might be your ram.
Are your other temps okay?

i can't OC my CPU because my BIOS is locked. and i set my video cards settings back to normal. and my temps seem normal but i can't chek them when the game is running because call of duty doesn't let you minimize it.

Deathstar said:
Did you "Click here" to view the details of the report??? Did you send the report???

yes i clicked "Click here" and it gives me nothign that helps, and sending the report does nothing, does it do anything and if it does how does that help me?

you can run CoD in windowed mode from the gfx options. try that then hit alt+tab.

Ronco Rox said:
..... yes i clicked "Click here" and it gives me nothign that helps, and sending the report does nothing, does it do anything and if it does how does that help me?
Microsoft has been known to respond to error reports, kind of why they have reporting. Also there would have been error codes in the report details that may have given some hint as to the problem, just because you couldn't decipher them doesn't mean some troubleshooting info wasn't there.

EDIT: As a suggestion, i'd say run Memtest86 to check your ram, run rthdribl v.1.2 (DirectX9) to check your gpu, prime95 to stress your cpu, get speed fan or other temperature monitoring programme to check your temps

EDIT 2:
WinPatch compares an old file system in one Windows 98/NT 4.0/2000 folder to a new file system in folder and creates a self-extracting patch file that can be distributed and used by others to update their set of files to the new version. You create self-contained, compressed patches for files already on the end-user's machine. You can use it toupdate only registered users of your software. WinPatch (and the WinPatch Wizard) is fast, easy to use, and powerful......
It is possible that this from an update for software you have on your pc and the AVG detection is a false positive, I'll keep looking for more info and post back if I find any.

EDIT 3: If it is indeed PWS-Winpatch and not just straight winpatch then info is found ...... HERE .... FIX HERE

Deathstar said:
Chipset drivers? Whats your m/board?

Manufacturer: Micro-Star
Model: MS-7184

the chipset is ATI and i doubt you'll find that much info on it because this computer was pre-built.

Back
Top Bottom