Building a Desktop

mtotho said:
o and like i said, i dont know anything about powersupplys any brand suggestions, links, price range?,o and that motherboard looks great, exactly what i was looking for, plenty of sata, pata, and there is wifi, and runs conroe,although there was mixed reviews on the conroe not working on there, i hope mine does.

Like I stated before, the main complaint is that the BIOS doesnt support the Conroe, but if you call Asus, they will send you an updated BIOS chip which will run the Conroe - but, Im sure that problem has been taken care of, I just got mine last week and it comes with the right BIOS chip.

As far as PSU's, the companies that are good are Antec, PC Power & Cooling, and OCZ. A 600W+ PSU should run around $100-150 bucks.

OCZ 600W PSU
OCZ 700W PSU
Antec 650W PSU

The Antec is the best one IMO.

mtotho said:
and replying to aecliptic, i dont want to spend a fortune on the ram,(although it would be nice) if i have extra money, i will surely invest in the 462 dollar ram, but for now, how much do u think i could overclock this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590

If I were you Id spend an extra 30 bucks and go with this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034 - Its got better timing and has a lower Cas Latency.

I dont know alot about overclocking, BUT with an E6600, the Asus MoBo and these RAM cards, you could OC to your hearts desire. :p All of these parts were made for OCing. :D

alright, thanks, my next post was gonne be how well do u think i could oc the conroe, but i guesss i will take it some where else. lol well i probably vould oc the e66, cause i dont want to spend 600 dollars on the e67, and i could get the e6600 probabky just as good if not better as the e6700, but, for now. all those great parts on out of stock. :(

Hmm, you've got a very flexible budget for a nice gaming computer. Get a nice Core 2 Duo E6600, a Intel 975X or P965 chipset motherboard (or if you want SLI, wait for nVIDIA's nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition) and some nice Corsair or G.Skill DDR2 RAM.

Back
Top Bottom