Video Card Question

Mfmwuq

Baseband Member
My video card (Geforce 7900 GT) came with a cable that connects to the vid card and the other end splits into Red, Blue, and Green connectors, which I am assuming are for component cables. My Playstation 2 has component cables that I can connect to this cable. What I am wondering is what else do I need to be able to play my Playstation 2 through my computer/monitor? Do I need a tuner or anything just to use a device like a Playstation 2?

you need an AV cable selector to plug in the video card cables in then the PS2 cables in for PS2 games to work on the monitor.

Well, everything is already plugged in, do I still need the AV cable selector? I have everything connected up, I just don't know how to use the PS2 through the monitor.

The cable coming from the video card is female, so I can connect each cable end from my PS2 to each one corresponding to color

yeah the way its set up now would work. but i'm not familar with using the monitor as a tv so i don't know how you would switch from one to the other. check the nVidia control panel to see if you can activate it in there.

Yeah, I've been interested in doing this with my Xbox and possibly my Xbox 360 (when I get it). For the speakers, what if your speakers still use the analog jacks? Is there an adapter or switch so I can use the red and white component plugs so I can just switch the speakers between the PC and console?

Hm, I just tried connecting everything, well other than audio, like alvino said, and it didn't seem to display anything. So I'm guessing an AV selector is needed...

Back
Top Bottom