Wire Sleeving vs. Zip Ties...

sleeves look better if you have a see through case but i would go with zip ties if you don't care about the looks.

The case is see through... just wondering if they really make much of a difference... cause Im thinking of getting the UV sleeves and sticking a black light in there.

that would look cool. like i said before. sleeves are for style but do the same job as zip ties.

Anyone familiar with the sleeving and can tell me which sizes are good for which wires? Because they have 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" and 1/8" sleeves.

Aecliptic said:
Anyone familiar with the sleeving and can tell me which sizes are good for which wires? Because they have 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" and 1/8" sleeves.

you'll want 1/2" for the power cables that come off the PSU

Sleeving is more organized and makes it look better especially if you have a color theme. Zip ties are easier to do, but if you have a window to flaunt your hardware, go with sleeving. It's not too hard to do a simple sleeving job either. There are plenty of online guides out there. :)

alvino said:
Sleeving is more organized and makes it look better especially if you have a color theme. Zip ties are easier to do, but if you have a window to flaunt your hardware, go with sleeving. It's not too hard to do a simple sleeving job either. There are plenty of online guides out there. :)

I found a guide... Its a job and a half to sleeve the wires... pulling out each pin and trying not to screw up what color goes in which hole. I think I might use a few zip ties after I sleeve the wires so that they arent all over the place.

there are pin guides all over the internet so I wouldn't worry too much about that... and you can always draw on a piece of paper as to what colour goes in what hole, or mark the cables with a small number in indelible marker (like a fine CD marker pen).

it's quite a job to take the pins out of the conectors though, when I've done this in the past I've known it to be completly imposible for some connectors, (the pins just won't budge), I've also know it to break the actual connectors on slammer jumper style connectors that only have a couple of wires coming out of them...

as a last case scenario you could always cut the UV tubing down the side wrap it around the cables and then glue it to the cables using a little glue,
if you do this use a glue that isn't a solvent like PVA glue.

If the pins are stubborn and I cant get the sleeves on, than I wont bother, Ill just use zip ties.

Back
Top Bottom