RAM for games

kocheez75

In Runtime
Does adding more ram make a difference in "in-game" performance, or just for loading times and multitasking?

I'd say for todays games 2 gigs is a sweet spot. Ever since I installed 2 gigs I can load BF2 in under half the time it used to take. It infact now its just a steady bar going across the screen, on top of a worse internet conenction then I used to have. I'd get a extra gig if I ere you and you could afford it. And juding my your sig the only thing in my mind that is lacking is the ram.

adding ram definitely makes a difference in 'in-game' performance. and as of now, 2 gigs as mentioned by nik is definitely the ideal amount you want for optimal gaming performance in the most demanding games today such as bf2. of course you'll see an improvement in loading times and multitasking for other applications.

A extra gig will help, as for a huge difference, just loading times...But 2gb would be nice, I only have 1 right now, and some things take longer to load then they should! I need to reformat

A extra gig will help, as for a huge difference, just loading times...But 2gb would be nice, I only have 1 right now, and some things take longer to load then they should! I need to reformat

Erm, not to hijack but you shouldn't have to reformat more then once a year if you do proper maintace.

Also for XP 1 gig is the sweet spot for vista I heard 2 gigs.

In my opinion if you're going to do any sort of gaming, 1GB is a minimum. If you're not going to then I still recommend 1GB but 512MB is thte absolute minimum..... if you're going to do a lot of gaming, go with 2GB. I have 1.5GB and since I added that extra 1GB a few months back, it has helped a lot with everything from multitasking to games.

Back
Top Bottom