Which of these pc do you recommend for me

acerrc500

Daemon Poster
Which of these pc do you recommend for me ??????

Hello Everyone

Ive been putting alot of topics about upgrading my pc but i have to change my mind because all of the parts are really old and need to upgrade

and i want you opinions and you have to say why

i'll not forget to give rep to who helped me the most ;)

best time

Building your own special PC to me has got to be the most rewarding, you get to make it the way you want it, and your not paying for anything you don't want. Parts / Software/ ect..ect.

Definitely build one yourself. The only disadvantage I can think of is that u can have some problems, but usually the builds go good and the pc will work without any problems. Building a computer is quite simple, many people may think that ist's complicated but all u have to do is put the parts together.

And building one is going to end up being like 30% cheaper than buying a high-end prebuilt computer. And when u have built one u understand alot more about computers so it's going to be alot easier to fix/upgrade the computer.

There are problems with building a PC - it takes a long time, you don't get a warranty so if something doesn't work you've gotta sort it out yourself, you've gotta do a lot of research on the platform you want to build it on, and then you have to put all the parts together.

It's hard to say which company to choose - it would be much better to list a PC from each company you like and then get us to judge it, as each company will have some good and some bad PCs :)

PM me if you want more help

There are problems with building a PC - it takes a long time, you don't get a warranty so if something doesn't work you've gotta sort it out yourself, you've gotta do a lot of research on the platform you want to build it on, and then you have to put all the parts together.

Dude you give terriable advice.

First off you buy the parts off of newegg you get at least a 1 yr warranty ram comes with a lifetime warranty hds anywhere from 3 to 5. YOu can always order extra warranties too.

And generally if it lasts a year or so it'll last a long time. And putting the parts together honsetly has got to be my favorite thing to do.

Its a extermely rewarding experience, and you have a large community base support you and willing to help you out. Building your own PC is the way to go. Anyone that says building your OWN isn't worth it is one of teh two things
1. Doesn't know how to do it themsevles and are too scared to try.
2. Refer to 1.

Also lets say in 3 or 4 years you want to upgrade or in whatever ammount of time, who better knows all the lil parts of your PC then you yourself. Also you'd look at any ugprade as heh thats it.

BTW If its your build I highly suggest you use stock CPU cooler as if you don'[t it'll void your warranty, just try not to void any warranties and you'll be safe. And order from a reputable site with a good standing reputation among computer hobbyists I suggest
newegg.com

Yeah, mate - I've already built my own cheers.

And I've had problems. Dodgy graphics card, had to get a replacement hard drive, and PSU conked out of me.

It is rewarding, I'm not saying that :) By warranty I meant overall warranty - as in an engineer coming over to help you out if it doesn't switch on, rather than having to test out each part.

The reason I said it was because from the way I read the post, I took it that he didn't know much about PCs - I revised my choices for 6 months before building my PC, without posting constantly on forums.

If he knows about PCs, then he should go for it, but if he's considering a pre-built PC then I'm answering his question - he should post some examples of them.

I'd imagine you've built your own PC - nice one :) It is worth it, but it takes work.

I believe that work is worth it.

And its regradless if he doesn't know much about PCs, it'll be a learning experience there are tons of guides. Maybe he knows a friend that could help him.

Some tips for builds
1. Research plan to do some builds. Google, google, then google some more. And use CF as your backbone if you have too. We don't mind in fact I love tweaking new builds to get the most bang for your back.
2. Be prepared to have problems, set astead a certain ammount of your budget for a just inc ase if you need to RMA.

I've had RAM bad (several times) Psus busted, and even HDS which apparently worked but didn't. SO be prepared and know this you won't ever know everything or even close to everything.

Best thing is to hav e a exp person help you out if you really want to ensure it goes down ok.

Its work, its not going be plug and play its going be plug and pray! And remember DRIVERS DRIVERS DRIVERS!

prosser13 said:
Yeah, mate - I've already built my own cheers.

And I've had problems. Dodgy graphics card, had to get a replacement hard drive, and PSU conked out of me.

It is rewarding, I'm not saying that :) By warranty I meant overall warranty - as in an engineer coming over to help you out if it doesn't switch on, rather than having to test out each part.

The reason I said it was because from the way I read the post, I took it that he didn't know much about PCs - I revised my choices for 6 months before building my PC, without posting constantly on forums.

If he knows about PCs, then he should go for it, but if he's considering a pre-built PC then I'm answering his question - he should post some examples of them.

I'd imagine you've built your own PC - nice one :) It is worth it, but it takes work.

Well if you select the cheap brandname components, you will most likely get a piece of shit. If you order products made by well known companys like ASUS. AMD, or Seagate, you will get your moneys worth out of them.

Building a pc isn't hard at all. I built the rig in my sig in 30mins and 10mins to install Windows XP.

I do agree with some other people. I spent alot of time researching parts to see what is better and what is compatible with each other. Do your
research and you will get a great computer ;) :) :)

Yeah, the thing is AMD Rules, I didn't buy cheap parts. I bought a Tagan 480W PSU, which at the time was easily the best (and one of the more expensive) PSUs on the market, I bought a Gigabyte 6600 graphics card, and a Seagate hard drive.

Some things I learned from building mine was that a good powersupply is extremely important. I think that gets over looked a lot, mine just recently went out and it hasn't even eben a year yet. It was $40 and i guess you get what you pay for. And also graphics cards. Try going with a good name brand, I got a leadtek and it failed about a month ago, I went with xFX and wish I would have went with them earlier.

Back
Top Bottom