Random Car Q's

G35x

Golden Master
I just need a few awnsers, and Im sure others have some questions, dont mind if you ask them...

Ok, when people get rims, they always say yeah the backs are 245/45/19 or watver...Is 254 the height, 45 is the whith and 19 is??? the inside like how big the rims is??? :confused:

Also, I know a few people who have aftermarket headlights, "projectors" what are so special about projectors, I know you can like change the color of them, is that it?

Also, hid, exeon, those are just normal lights, that are just super bright correct?

TRD, this thread is urs for the taking. ;)

I can answer your first question. Using the example you have provided:

245/45/19

- 245 is the "Section Width" or the width of the tire from the outer walls. It is measured in millimeters (mm).

- 45 is the "Aspect Ratio" or the the amount of 'give' the tire has when experience lateral G's. A lower aspect ratio will provide more stiffness in the tire and therefore result in better handling. A higher aspect ratio will result in a softer tire and therefore less handling but will provide a more comfortable ride

- 19 is the rim diameter measured in inches. Lots of times you will see an 'R' (Radial Construction) written before this number too.

Yeah the first question is right about projectors the projectors are little balls of crystal that you usually find on BMW's or aftermarket headlights like this(the one that is turned on, the one with the light)
BMW-645ci-Coupe-headlight-1024x768.jpg

Whats so special about projectors they give a pretty nice and agressive look to your headlights and they are used usually with HID's kits Xenon cause projectors focus better the light emmited by this powerfull kits. Sometimes ppl get HID's on their cars but they dont have projectors so the light is focused wrong and usually cause glare on other drivers.

HID(high intensity discharge), xenon are the same thing they provide a better lighting than standard halogen there mostly factory OEM on BMW's audis and some high-end cars or even included as options by dealers but you can also buy kits for your car which cost arround 200-300dlls.
Whats so cool about HID they range in different temperatures of the bulb and each temp emits a different type of color.
4000K-Super pure white(like the pic usually those are the OEM temps of the HID's that already come on cars)
5000K-6000K-Super white with a bluish accent
8000K-Blue (maybe but u might get pull over by a cop)
10000K-Blue-Purple(not legal)
12000K-Pure purple(not legal)

EDIT-
here i found a pic to back me up :D
colors.gif

Thanks guys, what about angel eyes? Not sure if you heard of those..Also leds are just the lights that come on infiniti correct, the single dot lights...Im not a noob lol, just want to get my facts correct..

Ohh also, whats the big thing about drilled rotors, less dust? And, when people say there rotors are "waarped" what actually happend to the rotar...

The callipers hold the brake pads correct?

Angel eyes are the rings of light arround the projector you see and the other light were the high beam bulb goes. Yeah the caliper holds the break pad

Drilled I believe is when you see the holes on the rotor itself, allowing for better cooling. And if something is warped, it's bent out of proportion, or how it's supposed to be.

Yeah Ive heard of cross drilled and what not, but u sure thats just for cooling, if so, I doubt its worth it, or is it?

Friction is one of the biggest causes of heat, then think about how fast and how many rotations those rotors are making when you break..

Back
Top Bottom