no sound in some games

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
few days ago i downloaded the "condemned: criminal origins" demo, and the sound doesnt work in-game, but it works in the menues.

same with FEAR.

how do i fix this?

alright john, i just bought fear and sound works fine for me, go into the setup options and there'll be audio. if you have a sound card, move it to hardware, and if not make sure it's on software. don't know if that helps.

Download the latest drivers for your audio, whether it be a card or built in. I had the same sort of issue and it seemed to be an application was overwriting or changing the information to process the audio.

does the game run fluently on your rig. because i found out that if the FPS gets to low for the computer the sound completely shuts off and i that Condemned has the sickest graphics for a survival horror so far.

yeah it runs fine on my comp when on windows xp. well maybe its cuz its cuz of me running vista. well i have no other choice because my xp cd got messed.

the only thing i could think of that is not "up to date" is my graphics card. everything else is fine.

Back
Top Bottom