Mac laptop/ Apple

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

This is only for curiosity sake, for now.., till i got some money ( =\ )

But i heard Mac comp's can run windows software? Is that true?
Say, i had a mac laptop( or was to get one) and i wanted for photoshops, etc etc and music, but if i wanted to game aswel as use windows and etc i could? As you can do with pc, normal, dual boot? You can dual boot with mac aswell?

And, how would it work exactly?

Is this making any sense? :-S

Im hoping, hoping im getting a laptop as my mum give hints every now and then and if she asks my bro, i dont want him to get a crappy laptop,
I want either Dell, Apple(mac) Or AMD and something? (im not sure) So for now just doing a bit of research :p

Thanks! =)

I would just go the other way, get a pc and run mac os on it if you want. You can get software called Boot Camp, and you can install both operating systems and use that software to dual boot the two os's.

Pc's are much cheaper than macs and now with the option of running mac os on a pc, you can do anything a mac can do....but a lot cheaper.

john123 said:
yes you can.

geek_gal said:
And, how would it work exactly?

Hmm yes, BUT, if you had windows ON a apple with dual boot, how would it work, as in would'nt you have confic's and everything?
And how would the whole mac's can't get virus and windows can? How well would that work..?

Tommy Boy said:
I would just go the other way, get a pc and run mac os on it if you want. You can get software called Boot Camp, and you can install both operating systems and use that software to dual boot the two os's.

Pc's are much cheaper than macs and now with the option of running mac os on a pc, you can do anything a mac can do....but a lot cheaper.

Do you have to pay for the program, Boot Camp?

That sounds good acutally, but again with the dell and apples etc,which one, still is hard to choose, still a much of a much-ness =\

Also is'nt those fancy sliver apple laptops quite a good price tho? For a good laptop as AMD ones are quite dear(well thats what i thought) Fot a good AMD, and the lot.

And whats a osx?

john123 said:
mac os x

its the operating system

didnt know that?

Ummm, DUR :rolleyes:
What do you think, genius? =)

john123 said:
yes, but that involves downloading a pirated version of osx.

Listen, I ask questions, i want help, if i didnt want help i would of asked here would i? If you think your helping, think again..
Also, if you have nothing usefull to help with or add then dont bother and be a dam smart ass, OKAY?! :rolleyes:

Ok ill try and start again to at least try and get some more info out of this, here we go again........

WHY ....do you have to 'download a pirated version' of the mac OS?
:rolleyes:
Never mind, just freak'n forget it..........
cant get a straight answer.......

Yeah my brother has that Mac. It's pretty sweet. The program is called parellel, I believe. You click it and it boots up Windows in a window right in front of you. Then you hit two keys simultaneously (spelling?) and it'll put it full screen. It works just like a Windows computer. It was fast and ran smooth.

If you have the money, I suggest it, if you're on a budget, just get a Dell desktop or something cheap.

geek_gal said:
Ummm, DUR :rolleyes:
What do you think, genius? =)

Listen, I ask questions, i want help, if i didnt want help i would of asked here would i? If you think your helping, think again..
Also, if you have nothing usefull to help with or add then dont bother and be a dam smart ass, OKAY?! :rolleyes:

Ok ill try and start again to at least try and get some more info out of this, here we go again........

WHY ....do you have to 'download a pirated version' of the mac OS?
:rolleyes:
Never mind, just freak'n forget it..........
cant get a straight answer.......

ok, im sorry about that. the reason that you have to download it is because the ones you buy are specially designed for the intel macs that you buy, and have special validation software and you need a cd key for that. The validation software sees if theres a chip(trusted product module) inside the computer and if its inside, it lets you install it. the hacked (and therefore downloadable) version of mac os x for pc's is missing that feature, so thats why you cannot buy a version of mac os x and put it on your pc.

Back
Top Bottom