3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

thats alot of fixed bugs.. just shows that they have fixed the majority of the problems that it had..

what is it with you and trying to put david down at the moment badger? getting very boring now.

Yes, but there are bugs after that release. I mean, 3.0.7 isn't too bad, its a stable release but that 3.0 is an RC... really shouldn't be used in a live environment anyway...

Yes and everytime we upgrade it takes like 2 months to fix the bugs.

Apart from SERVER time outs, there is nothing wrong with the forum itself so how do you justify the work in the upgrade?

Bugs, in upgrading? Bugs should be fixed in newer versions... all it takes is about thirty minutes to upload the core files, and run the upgrader script. Yeah, there will be a few kinks here and there to work out, but in the end its worth it. :)

This has'nt got much to do with the thread title or that, i dont think

But im paschal to this whole upgrade-the-forums-to-so-and-so-version,
How many versions is Cf supposed to be left behind anyways? Alot?

To be honest i totally see some of Davids point on this,
For one, it was'nt that long ago {really}, David did the huge(pretty big) Upgrade from the other version, i remeber it pretty well and everything that happend, the look of the old one to this, etc, etc? Get?
So you no..

There is always going to be huge, pro's and con's..
Wither David likes the looks of the pro's is another matter.

It would be good but, yeah anyways thats my little thoughts on this..

O yeah and i agree with Mark, this is to anyone really but people who 'pick on' David or anoy (if those are the correct wording) its just the same thing really, if you take notice, i dont no everything (if anything) But the same thing happens, people try to play mod think they are doing the right thing, David being kind as he is lets them be a mod/ giving them some sort of "power" in some way or another and David gets screwed, bluntly... heh
/ woops prob should of not put that ^ all out there, but thats what i think and my take on it...sorry badger or anyone i dont mean anything by it really but..

I just wanted to bring across a point of the benefits that will come with upgrading... I'm not going to keep on about it anymore. <_<

CF is 3.0.7 and the latest is 3.6.0

I don't know what goes between 3.0.x and 3.5.0, but after thats it 3.5.1, 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 3.5.4 and the latest is 3.6.0

mark thorpe said:
what is it with you and trying to put david down at the moment badger? getting very boring now.

Go the ServerTalk, and see for your self.

How the hell am I putting him down? I'm offering a suggestion. It may not be the nicest of words, but it's the truth. Fact of the matter is, it's not a stable version, and should not be used in a live environment. The same goes with RGForums. There are so many improvements that could be done, like cleaning up the layout, and such. But they are never implemented. Many people have givin up on it. Over half the staff at RG have left.

These are the known bugs for that version.
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92901

thanks for another list of fixed bugs.

any version will have bugs, teh disavantage of having an old version over a brand new version is that teh bugs woulda been found and fixed. whereas with teh brand new version, they havnt....

all in all, what im trying to say is DEAL.WITH.IT.

Back
Top Bottom