Dell

Just because you don't people to stop bashing Dell, doesn't mean it's going to stop. And just because you hate HP/Compaq, doesn't mean everyone else has to. It all lies within opinion.

I personally had never any negative experiences with HP. For one, their case is quite expandable, and quite roomy. I have space for an available 3 drives, along with two more harddrives, a floppy/media drive and 3 PCI slots.

The harddrives face towards me, and allow me to remove them without hassle.

But you know, I paid for this thing, and it wasn't cheap. The saying is applied here. You get what you pay for. People pay around 500 bucks for a PC, and expect it to play the highest end software. But that simply isn't the case, as to do most people think. So what do they do? When they have an error, or a hardware problem, they end up at your place. So you'll have to fix most of the “budget in mind” PCs.

Dell are okay.. personally, i HATE HP, their laptops are awful, well the one i got was anyway, nothing but problems from the day i bought the bloody thing. in the end i gave up and bought a samsung M40, and i have had no problems with it, apart from with the power supplies.. but the actual laptop, fine.. i would never buy another HP PC or laptop, but i would go for a dell.. havnt had any experience with compaq

I won't buy another dell. The hard drive and optical drive went bad all in a few months. Support is a nightmare, you can't understand them and they just run you around to "departments" and insist everything is software related, THEN they expect you to pay 99 dollars for their "Dell On Call" service which does nothing but tell you how to set up a printer and crap like that. The machine itself is good now that it's working normally, but their support sucks. I do like the fact that the tower has alot of room to work around in and that it's quiet though.... but I'm not a huge fan of dell anymore.

Back
Top Bottom