Rep

Well i think what's going to be said has already been said no sense in prolonging the drama. So i'd say it's safe to close it

alvino said:
I say keep it. I could care less if I had negative or postitive rep points, it won't bring down the quality of my posts. ;) Which is why I have no clue some of us here like to bitch about negative rep points, because it doesn't matter really. All you're letting the rep sysem do is cloud your judgement.
Well, Al, I agree with you again, well put.

i really did like the rep point system myself, because there are alot of helpful members on here that contibute to the forum, and the only way they can be recognized for their helping other's is by the rep system.

But as you know, the rep point system is being mis-used by other's, and it's just making things complicated and giving the rep point system a bad vibe. So if it comes down to it, i can go either way on this.

i have to say that if it continues to be a mis-used, i would disable it for a while, not get rid of it, but to put it aside for a bit, til a few issues are resolved. (just my two)

Remember when everyone wanted rep?

So mods, is it being talked about in the staff lounge, or is this ANOTHER lost cause?

*cough* Lost cause

Ahem... *clears throat*

Yeah I thought so, who were we fooling, nothing ever happens here

exactly, posting new ideas or fixes is a complete waste of time

Yeah we're trying our best to get the place going! Ok im done in this thread, its gone off topic, come join us at CT, we need some new members..

Root believed though

Since I've been here, I've seen rules ammended
new avatars in place (on at least two different occasions).
3 new forums (gallery, processors and general electrics).
member of the month threads done
advertising companies switched.
posts stiked
posts unstickied
new moderators made,
(even) moderator powers taken away

Well my take on the rep system is that people want as many positive rep points as possible, it's like a popularity thing, they want to be at the top of the list. So they complain about the negative ones because it takes rep away from them. Everyone wants to have the highest, it's the same thing as post counts.

As long as people can stop complaining about the negative rep points then I think we can keep the system.

Well what happened is that everyone wanted it, then didnt like it, wanted it taken away, (then this thread was made) the start posters said keep it, and everyone who didnt want it just went with the flow.

Its almost a total leader>Follower thing.

We still do Member of the Month?! Hahaha, I remember when we did that. Took a while to decide who to choose, and we did have some criticism...man, that's cool.

Back
Top Bottom