Game Maker 6.1/Windows 98 help

I am new here from North United States of America by the way (N. USA btw).

When I try to use Game Maker 6.1 it says "The screen revolution should be thiis by this (I forgot) otherwise it can cause serious problems do you wish to continue" or something of that value so I say yes I want to continue.

Ok I make a game/games and then I test play them AND WOOOOOOO the game is so slow and it even freezes sometimes even when I try to exit.

GM (Game Maker) 6.1 needs DirectX 8.0 and the others that (th@) come with it and if I download them and install them on my 98 will it make it go slower because of all the added MBs?

MBs stands for MegaBytes.

So what should I do?

Ok, well obviously if u want to run it you need driectx. so go over to microsofts website and get it.

no excuses

now what are your system specs?

john123 said:
Ok, well obviously if u want to run it you need driectx. so go over to microsofts website and get it.

no excuses

now what are your system specs?

Not sure but why did you say no excuses? But still I will check on my computer and possibly it can work better soon well thank you for helping me.

what i meant by "no excuses" was that install it with no further things like "oh but it will make my comp slow"

lol

anyway, how old is your computer?

john123 said:
im guessing like 5-6.

did you find out your specifications? if not, whats the model number?

I do not know the specifications and/or model number but don't worry I think Direct X 8.0 will rectify (what does rectify mean) the problem if not I can get it to a computer shop maybe.

But thank you so much for helping me friend.

Back
Top Bottom