Dell

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
As some of you know, I used to hate dell quite a bit. But them changing over to AMD, and me working on all different brands of PCs in my internship Compaqs (we like call them comcraps) dell, HP, gateway etc. I have replaced Dell with Comcraps and HP. Their CASES ARE WORSE THEN DELLS! To get out the HD is a chore in itself, on a dell you can jerry rig a PSU to work in it. In a Compaq or HP it'll bump out the CD drives. So guys, don't diss dell so much they do a decent job (as far as prebuilts go cause DIY is always better regradless) but Compaqs and HP are my new fav hates.

Yeah, I never had a problem with dell, but compaqs just looks so shitty...But still the 4.1million battery recalls on dell laptops is still funny, someone screwed up over there!

G35x said:
But still the 4.1million battery recalls on dell laptops is still funny, someone screwed up over there!

No, they're on loads of different laptops, not just Dells.

The problem lies with Sony producing faulty battery cells between a certain period of time, and loads of manufacturers used them.

I for one am sick of all this unjustified Dell bashing. I used a Dell trouble free for 7 years. 7 whole years. Apart from a slightly faulty DVD drive which was replaced for free, no problems at all.

I have a Dell Dimension 3000, and have upgraded it a lot. The only thing bad is that this motherboard only has pci slots, so I couldn't get an agp or pci-e video card. I would buy another dell, but I may try and build my next one.

I own a Dell. I use it as my main computer. I mean I got it before I knew anything about computers, but none the less, I can tolerate having it.

do you guys hate hp laptops, or just hp desktops, i have a hp laptop, dv5000 (memorized it, lol), and i think it was pretty decent for the price, come wit media center, and this cool dvd thingy, when you press it, you insert a dvd, and it has a remote to it, and etc, and the video card is decent, not good, not bad, but decent.

I use a Dell atwork, and it blue screened, on a permenant basis, not a thing I could do about it, phoned them up, they came down two hours later, realised they couldn't fix it, so took it away and it was back with me in 3 days.

Homebuilds are always going to be set up more to the way you want it, as you have total control over the components, I always found that when I am ordering prebuilds from a larger supplier then there is always one component which you want to replace, but yeah anyway, Dell over compaqs anytime.

Peter Lachowicz said:
do you guys hate hp laptops, or just hp desktops, i have a hp laptop, dv5000 (memorized it, lol), and i think it was pretty decent for the price, come wit media center, and this cool dvd thingy, when you press it, you insert a dvd, and it has a remote to it, and etc, and the video card is decent, not good, not bad, but decent.

I like my dv8000. I heard bad things about HP laptops after i bought mine, but mine's been good so far. Media center is pretty neat, but i dont use it lol.

Well, I shouldn't complain really. I would never buy a computer from them, since I custom build myself, but, I'm getting a free Dell desktop computer in the next week or so from family.

I don't know how good it'll be, but it won't be very good.... Still, it may be a replacement for the TV output computer I have at the moment which is really loud.

Though thats 1.2GHZ. I bet this free Dell is only going to be in the hundreds.

Back
Top Bottom