Rep

Have it so if you want to give someone bad rep, it has to be cleared through a moderator to see if it's warranted or not.

I would like to think that the members of this forum could be sensible enough to have a reputation system and not abuse it, however I don't think this is possible, it seems that since it has been enabled there have been a large number of people complaining that they have been given bad rep, even when it has been justified.

There has then been the people who have thought it amusing to give it randomly, personally whether rep stays or goes, it doesn't really bother me, but to exist in the form it does now, then definately get rid of it, if it can be moderated and members can stop the fighting over it, then maybe but after all it is a forum on the internet, its only an ego boost to those who have it, nothing else. I don't believe it influences people to listen more to a person, because they high rep, its not even noticable. In the end it is a game, a little bit of buzz, for people to feel valued in an internet community.

Anyway, keep it if the bugs can be ironed out

~K-Pow~ said:
Have it so if you want to give someone bad rep, it has to be cleared through a moderator to see if it's warranted or not.
I think that would be too much of a work load though, and how are mods going to know if its genuine or not without the recipient complaining?

David Lindon said:
I think that would be too much of a work load though, and how are mods going to know if its genuine or not without the recipient complaining?

I believe you are correct. That would be a bit of work for the mods.

Keep it, people just need to disregard the names, no one that gives neg rep, will actually leave there name, so you know its a fake already...If you dont like the rep, then dont pay attention to it..I say we just keep it up.

Keep it.

I think that once everyone gets over the idea that someone may actually disagree with them once in a while, this system will work just fine.

I don't want to have to approve rep.

I know I'll just end up with endless PMs going "omglolwtf you fucking douchebag your so stupid u approved neg rep from a spamer" etc.

And to add to that I really can't be arsed.

~K-Pow~ said:
I believe you are correct. That would be a bit of work for the mods.
You weren't being sarcastic to our leader were you?, naah, you wouldn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom