a request to mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon. said:
The initial subject of this thread is "Mods please stop posting in locked threads." Then you changed the subject to "Avatar changes."
I didn't physically alter the title, & I reiterate the comments in my last post.

Mod's, your help please, read all my posts here, & judge for yourselves, thank you.

not being picky on purpose Brookfield, but you seem to still be posting in closed threads as recent as today.

The "last word" syndrome may apply yes ???

@brookfield...

yes the subject (theme of the conversation) has changed.
first is was mods not posing in locked thread,
by the time it got to the second page it was talking about changing avatars
by the time it got to this third page it talking about the thread changin it's subject (of conversation).

the subject (title of the thread) din't change throughout however,

I think it's just that differenet people meant different things when they say different words.

in this case I think however that you are both right/both wrong... it just depends at what side you are looking at it from. (title, or theme) when the word subject is used.

@deathstar... we all like the last word every now and then don't we? as I said before... it is sometimes the case that mods have to post in a thread to explain why it is locked. else there is onyl another thread to ask why it is closed.

sometimes the last word is for the purpose of finality...

sometimes the last words are surpuflous, (like when I was talking about where LK was in a locked thread).

It just so happens that Brookfield is pretty much the ony mod on in the early hours of the day in the UK... he catches the last parts of the night for when all the americans here have finished posting, and he cleans up a lot of the spam that gets dumped (not especially by the members, but by spammers) here whilst the rest of the UK mods are in bed, and the US mods are enjoying the end of their night/just going to bed.

so yes, you will find a lot more threads that he's locked and posted in when compared to me... but that's only because by the time I get to work and log on, he's already cleared up most of the mes that has been created overnight.

Brookfield said:
:mad: How is that a complete change Nate, I have as much right as anybody else to register my protest, others do it, & don't get complained about, lay off me.

Umm it seems your protest was about the avatars though, which did trigger a slight topic change. Personally I don't see the big deal behind it, but whatevers.

So my guess is that the intent on this thread was that Mods should not lock a thread unless there is an explained reason for it, and that once it is locked , their should'nt be any reply's by mods after it's locked. i pretty much follow those rules.

~mr mixx~ said:
So my guess is that the intent on this thread was that Mods should not lock a thread unless there is an explained reason for it, and that once it is locked , their should'nt be any reply's by mods after it's locked. i pretty much follow those rules.

well usually u don't need to explain why some thread was closed (like spam and stuff) but ofcourse if u think that u need to tell why the thread was closed then I have nothing against u doing so. But other posts in a locked thread (like commenting in a reply made) is something I don't like, since we can't reply anymore. A closed thread means that the discussion is over, so IMO no one should continue posting once the thread is closed. (excluding the times when u tell why u closed the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom