Memory Issues??

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello as you may know I bought an ASUS 939 pci-e mainboard yesterday and a AMD64 Athlon 3500+

I took the memory chips out of my old computer, celeron, and I am only able to stick my 256 stick in there, I had a 512 stick and a 256 stick, for some reason my new pc won't boot with the 512 stick, but then again this main board has like channels now as it said in the manual

What is this channels I couldn't quite get it, something about I got 4 memory row slots and 2 are blue and 2 are black and it said something about sticking things together in the right channels etc, can somone please explain?

Also my 512 stick should work because it has the right specification acording to the motherboard manual.

It says it needs 184 pin ddr DIMM and it apprently can take 333/400 mhz modules or something?

Both my memory chips have this, but only the 256 is working??

Please help..

please provide the memory specs, brand, timings and a precise m/board model number etc so we can see if the ram is indeed "compatable" with the m/board.

Generalisations such as you have posted are in no way helpful in troubleshooting errors/ problems.

Memory for 512mb :VM512MB DDR PC400

Motherboard requirements :Duel Channel memory architecture
4 x 184 pin DIMM socket support up to 4gb of unbufferred ECC/non ECC 400/333 Mhz DDR memory modules.

ASUS A8N-VM model

Forget it anyway, the chip is like blown out, a little microchip fell of and I souldred it together and it made a weird smell in my pc, so I took it out and put the other back in, looks like Ill just have to buy more..

Back
Top Bottom