DFI Mainboards

No, the Rosewill is a HORRIBLE powersupply. I would go along the lines of OCZ GameXstream or PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610.

The OCZ Modstreams are not up to par. The quality isnt good what so ever. The minimum i would get is the Fortron AX-500A. That is a quality powersupply.

About overclocking it is awesome. I have it and have been able to get some really nice clocks from my 2gb UCCC. I have gotten it all the way to 285mhz before. With my old board I could barely get it to 270mhz.

So I highly recommend this board unless you want to go with SLI later on, then I would spend the extra to get a SLI-D or SLI-DR.

Ill second that. its a really nice board!

hmm yeah still pretty exspensive for me, I'm looking buget but not crap. Im shying away from antec. I just found something that looked good.

is this Apex decent?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817154023

I went ahead and bought the DFI board.. I installed it and used some artic silver for the cpu.

All I need is a new PSU. This repair is getting quite costly.

Hopefully the PSU is the slution, I don't have any 400~ watt supplies that i could test it with.

I wouldnt get the Apex. Get the Fortron AX-500A. Its an underrated powersupply and its very good for the money. Its roughly 90 bucks. Same price of the Apex if you dont count the savings.

Back
Top Bottom