~$1200 Conroe comp, look good?

Well the Asus boards have BIOS problems also, but its a quick fix... I bought the Asus P5W DH MoBo, and sometimes it comes with an outdated version of the BIOS... all you have to do is either flash it, or call Asus and they will send you a new BIOS chip.

The next thing up from that are the $250 mobo's, and I think thats out of youre budget.

Yes, the memory is compatable. i975x only runs x8 x8 in CF mode. And the X1900GT is a good card.

I have the Asus P5B in this PC right now, exact one.

It's ok, BIOS was updated 4 times already and still not sure what's wrong with it. It says I'm running RAID but I only have one Sata HDD with a ide hdd ribbon going to my CD drive cause I couldn't find a cd ribbon any where around my house.

AAAaaahhhhh!!! About the raid- can I even do it? Check out this post on the Asus forums- it says you can only do an internal and external Raid.

Can you use a connector cable so you can do a RAID with 2 SATA HD? Where to buy/how would I do that?

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060806094401972&board_id=1&model=P5B&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Another stupid thing- there is no printer port thing on the back I/O panel on the both $250 Asus boards. Is there a extra card I can buy that has two on it?

what a headache...

I just did a google search and the results are ok- I might find one or might not.

I figure why not get the best- I probably just won't upgrade much if ever.

Aecliptic- thanks for your quick replies and your help!! Do you currently have that build that's in your sig?

No I dont... I just ordered the Asus P5W DH on tuesday, and Im going to order the NZXT case when my credit card clears up. Im still unsure about whether Im going to get the E6400 or the E6600, I think that will be the last thing I buy in hopes that the price will go down a bit.

Not a problem man, Im still fresh on all this stuff, I just recycle all the stuff Ive read and help out others like me. :)

Back
Top Bottom