Bios update Crash

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
I got a Tforce U. http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/products/socket 939/tforce4_u/product_details.php

When I downloaded and started putting up the new bios. My computer just completly froze. Like it wouldn't go back to normal. So i turned if off and when i turned it back up. nothing comes on the screen. No signal to the video card and no beep sounds. Did they bios update crash screw up my motherboard for good?. I tried unplugging the circle little battery but that didn't fix it. :( im screwed arient i? :(

Like my old motherboard that ran A Celeron D. Comes with a cd/floopy boot BIOS. So say I overclock to much, well the mobo restarts and wait about 10 seconds it will say please put in the DRIVER disk (That comes with the mobo), than you just it copy the BIOS back and your fine ;) But in that example where I overclocked to much, I just reset the BIOS. If you flashed it wrong than it will do the same thing and recover it.. I hope this helps to

NOOO I KNOW. ITS NOt getting enough power i guess. It frooze before like 10 minutes before the bios update. And... like now when you turn it on there is no beeps nothing power on fans and stuff, but the video and stuff doesn't come up. The 4 reds lights on the motherboard that use to come on (voltage things) are not coming up just 2 red lights this time...
Wierd. My motherboard might be crap sense i just got it. I got a 420watt in there atx power supply
amd 4800x2
crap pcie video card works but sucks. 4 pipelines lol
gig of ram? how can i not have enough power?
Well on the motherboard the main power thing where u plug the power in There is 4 extras squares the the power supply didn't fit. ?

voltagebaby.jpg

Its hard to see in the pic above but 2 are on and 2 are not
PowerIn.jpg

Well, judging by that pic, you may have fried the PSU. Running a 20 pin power connector in a 24 pin board puts alot of stress in the power rails. Your best bet would be to try a good working PSU with a 24 pin connector. :D

Roger. Do you know a good power supply that has 24 pins that can run a my amd 4800 x2 plus my 7900gt 512mb that I'm getting soon?
:p
Like one that can diffently do it but not going way overboard in power lol

Back
Top Bottom