i need help

Copperhead

In Runtime
i need help REP!

so i got all the parts today (in my sig) and put them all together and connected everything, and when i power on the computer (no OS yet, coming tomorrow), it just beeps and i cant see anything on the screen, whats goin on?

do i need the OS in to see anythinG?

You should be able to access the bios but that will be all.

You need to find the bios version and count the beep codes and format (i.e. one long two short etc) then look here, Bios Central Beep Codes or in your manual for an explanation of what they are telling you.

EDIT: The bios is an Award bios so now we just need to know what the beeps are.

Award Bios

1 long, 2 short ...... Video adapter error...... Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

Make sure the video card is seated correctly and any external power lead (if applicable, from what I can see on the BFG site it has no extra power lead connection so disregard this) is connected

well i switched the OCZ Platinum memory into single or whatever so its only on one side instead of dual channel and the beeps are gone...but im still not getting any video (ive tried two cards, the BFG and a crappy one thats in my computer right now, i also tried all pci and pci-e slots and none of them worked?)

I presume by the fact you have swapped video cards that your other pc is PCI-e capable, try the 7300gs in there if it is.

The card should only be placed in the PCI-e 16x slots, trying it in PCI slots is not a good thing. (surprised it fitted to be honest)

no the computer i have now only has pci, and i have a pci card in there. the new one has both so i tried the pci card in the pci slots of the new comp and the new video card in the pci-e slots of the new computer..the computer i have now has onboard video so im just using that

i dont get it, when i change the memory to single chanel..the beeping stops, why would that happen if its a video problem??

REP POINTS TO ANYONE WHO CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

Back
Top Bottom