Router Help

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
Hey guys.

I am in a special class at my school called Computer Tech/Teams. The teacher who is like the Tech person of the school has a set of laptops for her classes. They are all equipped with built-in wireless and we have a central Wireless Router.

There are about 25 laptops. But 3 of them won't sniff out the router/network. Is there like a checklist I should be following to find out why they aren't able to connect to the internet via the router?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

First step is to see if they see any other wireless networks.

Second step would to to see if they can see wireless traffic without connecting to the network.

But first off actually, make sure the wireless is actually turned on, sometimes their's a oddly placed button.

are they getting a wireless signal ?
down to the left of the time there should be an icon for the wireless , if you right click or double click or just pause over , it should say view wireless networks. If you can not see your schools wireless. The wireless on the notebooks might be turned off. Fot instance my new Toshiba has a teeny tiny switch on the right to turn the wireless on / off. Sometimes it is keys on the kb, both or in the bios or all 3. .. or something totally different.
if you can see the schools wireless connection, it could be a security issues like a wep key or you have a firewall on.

I am not at school, but tomorrow when I get in that class about 11 am to 1:30 pm central time, I will update.

Back
Top Bottom