Monitor not recieving video - Please Help

Tragic Hero

Solid State Member
The other day I was cleaning out my computer for some upcoming upgrades. I did not move or disconnect the cpu/fan, or memory; I just pulled the video card, connections and then the mobo with memory and cpu/fan attached and then replaced them. However, after I reinstalled the mobo my monitor wasn't recieving any video on startup.

The system sounds like it's booting up fine, and all the proper mobo lights and fans are active. But the monitor remains black and unresponsive and seems to not be recieving any input.

I tried removing everything and replacing it again; video card, memory sticks, connections, everything but the cpu (I can't even disconnect the cpu fan if I try, so can't really do anything with that).

My specs are as follows (not sure the exact specs on everything):
Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz CPU
1G DDR Ram
GeForce FX 5600 256Mb
A-Bit IS7 - E Mobo
Windows XP
250W Power Supply

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the problem, or what the problem sounds like? Thanks.

Try rechecking the power and IDE cables going to the hard drive(s). Are there any beeps while powering up?

Yea, I've tried the IDE and power supply connections without progress. However, there are two short beeps at the beginning of startup that aren't normally there. Any ideas?

buy a cheap video card or borrow a freinds see if that works this will tell you if it is your card or not

Back
Top Bottom