Ah, what can I do..

Pre exam result nerves are often common and I would not be surprised if a lot of your mates are feeling the same.

There are options if you don't get the results, at worse its going back to college for a year and retaking them, also their are other ways of getting to university, apart from A-levels, maybe you can consider them.

Just remember, although it doesn't seem that way, a few years hard work can have you set for life, it can be the difference between a good job, and one which you will hate. Also those school mates, you probably won't know in a few years time, everyone moves on, so focus and study if you get what you need.

Catch me on msn if you want

lhuser said:
Sorry, but that will be alittle harsh, but it's reality.

I mean, if you just decided to use the attitude to be like that and to saw screw school, it's your fault. If you decided to act like that, you will get the mark of your effort done, meaning, in your case, low. Seriously, if you chose not to attend your classes, your marks will be affected and, you don't/didn't want that.

I'm disappointed in you. The marks you will get are the result of your effort you put in it. If you pass, do yourself a favor, dump that way of acting and show your family what you can do. If you fail, well, dump the way you're doing, because f you continue, you will be ashamedof yourself.

I still want to keep you as a mate, but I am not patting people on the back. I am straight, and I'm sorry, but if you don't work hard and screw off, it is normal that marks willbe affected. Hope you still pass though.

This year I pissed about though, affected my last two years, the most important ones..I don't want to do badly, but if you had gone to my school, and seen the sort of people there, you would understand..

If I was to fail, I would go back proberly to college, and re-take them, but, I would go to a college in Glasgow, near where my brother lives, and just move in with him. I only need 5 C's, and I really hope I get them..

GlasseyeUK said:
There are options if you don't get the results, at worse its going back to college for a year and retaking them, also their are other ways of getting to university, apart from A-levels, maybe you can consider them.

Yeah, like what?

OK...

first comes that bad news...

if you got less than five c's it's fairly unlikely that you'll get stuck in an office job...
it's much more likely that you'll be working in Tesco... or as a labourer...

but it's not all bad... there is good news.

asusming that your sixth form is attached to the school then you will most likely be allowed to start sixth for doing GNVQ's and resitting GCSE exams, (at christmas) to make up your grades.
even better if you suggest a program of A2's to your school that are also combined with resitting some core exams that you failed. (like maths/english) then you are much more likely to be accepted...

So, root, I am positive I will get 4 C's, 100%, Maths, English, (Double award), and ICT. So, if I was only to get four, you think I could still get in, and just re-take the GCSE at the end of the year..?

The only thing is, it will be very very hard to negociate with school, because im in spain, and get back the day before we are due to start school, not my doing, I have to say..

joxley1990 said:
This year I pissed about though, affected my last two years, the most important ones..I don't want to do badly, but if you had gone to my school, and seen the sort of people there, you would understand..

If I was to fail, I would go back proberly to college, and re-take them, but, I would go to a college in Glasgow, near where my brother lives, and just move in with him. I only need 5 C's, and I really hope I get them..

Yeah, like what?

NVQ's, Access course's, etc. Check out city college in Northendon

Damn. I always thought you were some genius or something. I'm sorry that you did badly in school. I hope you get those five c's. Even if you don't get them, maybe you can sit down and talk with your parents. Tell them that you messed up, and you will get your act together. I'm sure they will understand if you tell them how you strong you feel about this. After all you're still their son. Even Einstein flunked a few math classes, lol. Good luck man. :)

in spain until the day before you're due to start again!
so will you not even get your results untill late?

it might be the expensive option, but it'll perhaps be best to phone your school on results day, (when there will be people in the office) and explain your entier predicament...

firstly that you're trapped in spain and don't actualy know what results you have got, and secondly that you are unsure that you will have gotten the five C's needed, let them know it's all guess work until you've seen your results and ask if it's possible to start a course with a view to do resits, and re-asses the sitation at christmas time. but that hopefully you might not have to do this as you may have gotten the results.

Also explain the areas that you think that you will have done well in. assuming that you have the GCSE's that satisfy your course requirements,
(like if you want to do A-levels in maths but have failed maths then they probably won't let you). but it may be that you want to do english, and the fact that you failed history won't matter so much. (just examples, I don't know what courses you took, or want to take).

it'll probably be a long, (and expensive) phone call from abroad. but it is worthwhile...

You'll need to let your parents know that you're not sure about your results and want to call the school to make arrangements should the worst happen... -this will probably result in you getting a good talking to even though you may have passed anyway! but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Lastly make sure that you make the call and not your parents. The school should respect that more.

Back
Top Bottom