Case design I came up with: 3D Latest :)

:) Just practise and practise and practise basically. Its took me about 4 years to get to the point of where I am you know :p

Haha, I'm so glad everyone likes the design :D

Over night, I've been rendering a movie, and its still going! Just a little video of the camera spinning around to see how the reflections worked, etc.
I don't know how longs left because the box that told me the frames, doesn't work anymore :(
Need to re-install really.

Still has a good solid 15 frames or so to do yet...

Kage said:
:) Just practise and practise and practise basically. Its took me about 4 years to get to the point of where I am you know :p

Haha, I'm so glad everyone likes the design :D

Over night, I've been rendering a movie, and its still going! Just a little video of the camera spinning around to see how the reflections worked, etc.
I don't know how longs left because the box that told me the frames, doesn't work anymore :(
Need to re-install really.

Still has a good solid 15 frames or so to do yet...
well i hope u get it up soon! that would be awesome to see :D i'll be waiting...

Personally, I think the case is just too much... I think theres too much exaggeration in the design, like its... too thought out.

I think that simplicity is the key when manufacturing and mass producing something. I dont know how to 3D render or anything of the sort, but Ill sketch something out.

Also, the temperature control and monitor is in a pretty inconvenient place, how often do you sit with the side of the case facing you.

Maybe, but I think a case needs to be well thought out to get the best cooling, etc

Plus, about the monitor being on the side. This was more a personal attribute, seeing as my case does face the side. (It is where my idea came from putting drives facing the side). My desk isnt big enough to have it facing forwards...
Plus,this case is designed to be rather long, as to spread out heat.

I'm away on holiday at the moment at a great friends of mine, so can't reply that much.

I did start modelling my Arctic Cooling 64 PRO CPU cooler though before I left, and did a render as to side step the case for the moment.
This is what I have so far:

AthlonCooleratmoment.jpg

Once I get back, the case and the cooler will both be finished.

The cooler itselfs materials were very very hard to get right and realistic, but I think I got there :D

S457-1098-a1.jpg

Instead of sketching one, Ill just post this... it doesnt have vents cause it has a built in cooling system, but lets say it didnt...

Id give it a simple front, side and top vent - if youre inclined, give it a clear side - and thats it. The LED control on top is awesome and convenient - except maybe I would expand on it and give it fan control as well, up to 5 fans.

That looks okay I guess
Did you build that?

By the way, even a built in cooling system would need some kind of vent.

i think kage's design is good. it really isn't that complicated or anything, just adds alot of nice features a gamer/modder would like. :) hope 2 see your renders on the completed stuff soon kage :D

Kage said:
That looks okay I guess
Did you build that?

By the way, even a built in cooling system would need some kind of vent.

No I didnt, its a case that is out there on the market...

And thats why I added to the post, add a few vents and a clear panel and its awesome.

The one you made looks cool, but it seems like something out of a Star Wars movie. :p

One thing I dont get is how are you going to fit 5.25" drives into that case if its got a trapezoid shape? If you say the top, than the case would have to be monstrous, because the base would be like a foot wide. If you say the bottom, than you can only put like 2 drives in there.

Thanks for the support :D And yeah, I agree that its not that complicated.

I'm thinking of maybe building a water cooling system within it, but I dont know how these set up, or anything, but it may look kewl on a render, with glowing liquid in tubes :p

I'll finish up the Athlon Cooler above hopefully soon, but its looking good so far, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom