drinking

mongoman said:
i read that thread about the 12 year old getting drunk and i said to my self "whats the point" i mean im 14 and i dont like the idea of getting drunk so that you dont no what your doing...i mean when you do that you put your life and the lives of people around you in danger because when your drunk you cant decipher right and wrong. getting drunk isn't cool plus it makes you puke.
The innocence of youth, :D, as you get older your views may change. At 14 you are making a good call. Some people don't like drinking, others do, it depends on the individuals personality/ circumstances etc.

I like a social drink to the point of being "tipsy", if you like, but now and again I also like to get drunk with a few friends.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, come back when you're 24? 34? 44? and tell me if you feel the same way. ;)

Until you reach legal age the point is moot, you shouldn't have access to alcohol until then anyway.

12yo drunk on vodka? that's just irresponsible in my country, but other countries / people have different views. Not saying that is right or anything, just that circumstances can dictate usage. Italians allow their children to drink watered red wine from an early age and I'm sure other countries have similar customs.

im 15, i drink socially at partys, cause it livens the party i guess, i dont get drunk
thers a line between drunk and a buzz

I'm 18 and have drank since I was 14 or so.

Their's nothing wrong with a few drinks and getting a nice buzz or getting a bit tipsy. It just makes you more social, you care about less, and you seem to have more fun.

However you can easily get irresponsible, and I know i have done dumb, irresponible things. Worst one was Toronto Pride 2006 where I drank a 26'er of vodka to myself and decided to street party. Yeah, was bad.

And I am no "real man" yet I still hold my booze :p 10-15 shots a night is what I can do without getting drunk.

Eat, drink, and have a good time

(Cuba in 2004, with me and random people)

EDIT: To prove im not as ugly as I look, here's another pic. And yes, it's from a bar too.

http://myspace-613.vo.llnwd.net/00985/31/69/985959613_l.jpg

mongoman said:
if nobody gets much sleep how do you sober up?
You usually go to sleep when you get drunk(pass-out) and if your tipsy and its very late you usually want to go to sleep lol

It's all about self-control. Some know when enough is enough, some don't. My dad's liquor cabinet isn't locked and it's filled with alcohol like Vodka, Wine, and various beers. I know I shouldn't drink it and I don't. To be honest, I don't even like alcohol. I drank some beer that my dad let me try once and it tasted like crap. Monster Energy FTW! :D

Good to see so many against getting drunk, irresponsibly or not, 90% of us, have got drunk, at sometime, me included, but not for years now, marriage literally sobered me up, I had new responsibilities, & quickly realised it!

Maybe it's just because of my age, but I cannot stand the taste of beer. I think wine coolers actually tastes kinda good, but I would rather have something else, im not really into the taste of alcohol.

Well u are 14 so I think its good that u dont want to get drunk.
But to be honest I take pretty much alcohol almost every friday. Its just that u always have a great time when u are drunk, not that u cant have fun without alcohol, but everything is just more fun when drunk.
And drinking rarely makes u throw up, if u know ur limits. Also hangover usually isnt that bad, u just need to eat and drink a lot of water before going to sleep.

Just wait 2 or 3 years and then get drunk with a few good friends. I bet that u will have a great night.

still no reason to get drunk

I'll be frank, I enjoy getting drunk, I hate getting shit face which I have only been one time and that was when I was a lot younger and a lot less knowledgable about drinking. Now getting drunk by yoursself is lame.

[/QUOTE]Well u are 14 so I think its good that u dont want to get drunk.
But to be honest I take pretty much alcohol almost every friday. Its just that u always have a great time when u are drunk, not that u cant have fun without alcohol, but everything is just more fun when drunk.
And drinking rarely makes u throw up, if u know ur limits. Also hangover usually isnt that bad, u just need to eat and drink a lot of water before going to sleep.

Just wait 2 or 3 years and then get drunk with a few good friends. I bet that u will have a great night.
I 100% agree, I know my limit I know my body at 12 I didn't at 16 I do. I'll admit I have been close but when I get close I say no to that next round.

And drinking at 12 in my eyes is OK IF DONE RIGHT. I never drank at 12, but I did at 13, and I didn't drink any hard liqour, such as vodka I would have a beer with my grandpa or somthing.

Back
Top Bottom