huge problem with installing windows xp.

mammikoura

Golden Master
Alright guys, here is a tough one.
I boot up from the win xp cd, it starts to check my hardware. Screen goes black and stays black. Tried with 2 different win xp cds so the fault isnt in the cd.
So any ideas.

Im gonna install win xp and kubuntu 6.1, so I thought that maybe if Id reformat the hdd with the kubuntu cd, and then try installing win xp when there is nothing on the hdd.

Sure it isnt your hardware. You been overclocking latey on your system.. I can only think that it would do that becuase of hardware failing. Also check and see if anything is overheating on your motherboard or cpu, ram, video card etc (That makes heat). If you checked all of that, than it may be your harddrive

hmm, well all of the temps are fine. Only a little overclocking, but Ill try to install it when running at stock clock speeds. Also the hdd is like a few months old.
Ill try installing it again with stock clock speeds in a moment, and then if it doesnt work Ill try installing kubuntu.

mammikoura said:
hmm, well all of the temps are fine. Only a little overclocking, but Ill try to install it when running at stock clock speeds. Also the hdd is like a few months old.
Ill try installing it again with stock clock speeds in a moment, and then if it doesnt work Ill try installing kubuntu.
yea try that and hope it works

well I installed kubuntu and reformatted the whole hdd. Then I booted from the windows cd and it worked. Reformatted the whole hdd again and then installed windows. Right now I'm installing kubuntu. (had to install windows first so that I don't need to mess with the mbr)

So it's working fine now, still wondering why it didn't work before reformatting. :confused:

Alot of times, an OS wont install when you are using overclocked settings. I can't tell you why exactly, but I've seen that problem many times on an overclocked motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom