Here's one for the Firefox Fanboys

David Lindon said:
Its better than IE - thats why I like it!.
Amen.

My first firefox experience was just really good. I was having problems with IE, getting spyware, viruses, my settings getting screwed with, etc..

I install firefox, scan and clean up my system.. I go like 5 months with no issues, with IE it was a new horror story every other day!

Firefox is balls. I don't see why people don't see that.

I've noticed it myself - taking forever to start on a freshly formatted PC, eating up 300+MB of RAM with 2 tabs open, compatible with bugger all (it asks me to download all sorts of crazy plugins, and when I click the button telling it to find and download the plugin automatically, it says there isn't a plugin available anywhere in the world. That was for Flash as well.), slow browsing (even with the tweaks enabled), buggy, unstable, crashes endlessly, unreliable FTP...

I hate it. Pure Mozilla is much faster, more stable, and it's supposedly the more bloated of the two. If Firefox is the lightweight alternative, why does it suck? Why is it chewing a freshly formatted, state of the art PC to pieces? I've still got FF, only because it uses one plugin crucial for my exam revision (even then, the whole browser exits without an error message if you're running that plugin on a page and then navigate away from it). Also, I'm too lazy to uninstall it.

No. I'm using IE7 Beta 3. It's lightning fast (without tweaking - it felt 4x faster for me), a joy to use, compatible with almost everything, looks great (unlike FF, which gives you a wide array of yucky, homemade skins to choose from), never crashes, and never has to download stupid plugins and extensions to do the simplest of things.

I could argue all night, but I won't. If I want an alternate browser, I'll go back to pure Mozilla, or give Opera a try (heard it's really good).

well i'm a internet browser whore i guess you can call me... i switch from one browser to another a lot

Deathstar said:
I'm using Avant ;) :D

EDIT: Gotta say I'm impressed with it so far too, just tweaking the visual style at the moment. Full screen is really "full screen" to btw

I love this browser. Works great. I'm using it right now in full screen.

UK31337 said:
Firefox is balls. I don't see why people don't see that.

I've noticed it myself - taking forever to start on a freshly formatted PC, eating up 300+MB of RAM with 2 tabs open, compatible with bugger all (it asks me to download all sorts of crazy plugins, and when I click the button telling it to find and download the plugin automatically, it says there isn't a plugin available anywhere in the world. That was for Flash as well.), slow browsing (even with the tweaks enabled), buggy, unstable, crashes endlessly, unreliable FTP...

I hate it. Pure Mozilla is much faster, more stable, and it's supposedly the more bloated of the two. If Firefox is the lightweight alternative, why does it suck? Why is it chewing a freshly formatted, state of the art PC to pieces?
I'm having trouble understanding why that is.. I freshly formatted and installed windows just yesterday... I have about 5 tabs open, 38 megs of ram in use from it, fast browsing, solid as a rock, no crashes, but as you say FTP does kinda suck on firefox...

I don't see why people have so many issues.. from day one I have LOVED firefox for the opposite of all your problems (cept the ftp)...

I'm perfectly happy with firefox. I've used it for awhile and really like it. IE6 is the worst browser ever! and I'm so glad I got rid of it. Since I stopped using IE6 I haven't had any spyware or adware. it does use a quite a bit of memory but I don't mind too much...

Bädgêr™ said:
I love this browser. Works great. I'm using it right now in full screen.
I found a couple of annoying things in it actually after a couple of days, now trialing IE7 beta3 :D

Back
Top Bottom