New Xbox 360 with HDMI?

alvino said:
Tough luck. Microsoft will come up with something. Look at all the post-launch problems, most were dealt with promptly. Microsoft pays for the shipping of your Xbox 360 to and back from the factory. Sometimes they give you a refurbished one, but if that one has problems, send it back and they'll give you a brand new one. I think they also give you a free Microsoft Game Studios game, like Perfect Dark Zero.

^ microsoft, taking care of people since the very first virus.

i dont really understand why people were itching to buy the xbox 360 when it was released, sure the few games that are there are superb, but xbox and ps2 still has so many great games coming out. and no matter who the manufacturer is the first model console is always going to be flawed.

im looking forward to a revamped xbox360 in winter '06, perhaps one that has hdmi1.3 and hd-dvd built in. only then will microsoft really be taking advantage of its year long head-start.

Yeah, Sony is doing a lot to keep the PS2 alive. Microsoft has pretty much abandoned the original Xbox. Hardly any good titles are coming out for it now. :(

Yeah, I'm waiting for next year to buy my Xbox 360. They might have some nice stuff, one of them will be using the 65nm process on the CPU so it runs cooler. :D

ok, so basically PS3 is going to be run into the ground!

whats HDMI? High Definition (fill in blanks)?

Does this mean that we can play X-Box 360 on pc? Or hook it up to pc?

High Definition Multimedia Inteface. No, what it means is that you can view pure HD content when HD-DVD and Blu-Ray become widespread.

natej315 said:
ok, so basically PS3 is going to be run into the ground!

yes, that is EXACTLY what we were implying by disucussing xbox's *POSSIBLE* hdmi upgrade. :rolleyes: :D

Well it won't run it into the ground. Sony will probably gain the lead in one or two years, but they won't expect the all-out domination like they did with the PS2.

well personally im not saying anything because the ps3 isn't out yet. and the only reason the ps2 "had all out domination it was released first(before xbox). but its the other way around now and i heard a rumour about halo 3 comeing out on the relase day of the ps3 but i doubt it cause it says in the halo 3 trailer 2007 and it took 4 years to make halo 2!

mongoman said:
well personally im not saying anything because the ps3 isn't out yet. and the only reason the ps2 "had all out domination it was released first(before xbox). but its the other way around now and i heard a rumour about halo 3 comeing out on the relase day of the ps3 but i doubt it cause it says in the halo 3 trailer 2007 and it took 4 years to make halo 2!

they were going to release it but now they are not going to, i think the replacement game was gears of war, not so bad id say, but try telling to that to the 1 million halo fanboys.

and no that is not the only reason why ps2 dominated, it also had an ish-load of games as an advantage. AND xbox is like game cube in most asian countries, hahahaha microsoft couldnt change a damn thing in japan with the 360's design upgrade..dumbasses :D

its sony son..

Gears of War is a great game, and until Halo 3 arrives, that'll be the subsititute.

The PS2 dominated because of it's vast library and large selection of exclusive games. Now that the PS3 is coming around, it's not going to have that many exclusive titles, mostly because companies are avoiding the PS3. Why? Because it's so damn hard to develop with. The hardware is powerful, but so complex that programming is a bitch. Even John Carmack (the creator of the Doom series and co-founder of id Software) says that the PS3 is slightly more powerful than the Xbox 360, but it's way harder to develop with. A lot of Sony's former exclusive developers are starting to doubt that they'll last with just the PS3, which is why so many companies are doing multi-platform games. Which of course brings up the question: would you rather pay $499 for the Xbox 360 and enjoy most of the same games that the PS3 enjoys? Or would you rather pay $599 for the PS3 and enjoy graphics that are hardly noticable from the Xbox 360's?

Dumbasses? Do you know how strong of a foothold Sony has in Japan? If it wasn't for Ken Kutaragi's home country, the PS3 wouldn't have as strong as a base as it does now. Sony is a brand name in Japan, much like how Ford and the Mustang is a brand name and icon of America. When people see it, the immediately know what it is. Just like Intel; when people see their name, "microprocessors" immediately comes to their minds.

Personally, I think Sony has gotten a little bit too arrogant. Now that E3 has passed, they're feeling the heat from Nintendo and Wii. Due to the lower prices and shorter developement cycles, many developers are actually taking interest in the Wii. Ubisoft is already going nuts over it, bragging about SEVEN titles that are coming out on the Wii. While EA has stated PS3 support, it's strange to see them showcase more Wii games than PS3. What makes it even obivous that Sony is feeling the heat is the fact that many developers actually haven't come out and showcase blockbuster hits for the PS3. I'm sure everyone would feel better if developers and publishers were more vocal and would talk more in their support in the PS3. Now, it just seems like developers and publishers are sheepishly defending Sony out of loyalty rather than prasing the console as a result of true excitement. ;)

There is possibly another reason why Sony might be in trouble this generation. It's called "media backlash." Not that the video game press is biased against Sony and the PS3, but we're starting to see something that happens in the sports world. People get sick of dynasies. It is possible that people are starting to get sick and tired of the PS2's dominance.

However, it could be possible that the media has just portrayed Sony as an invincible gaming company ruling with an iron fist. Lets face it; no matter what Xbox or GameCube fanboy says, the PS2 was a gaming phenomenon. In the last generation's three-way console war, it absolutely smashed the Xbox and GameCube, without a doubt. In doing this, they set the expectation of the PS2's successor to very high levels. It could also be possible that the media has put the PS3's expectation levels impossibly high. There is no telling what we'll encounter this generation, but we might start to see the dynasty crumble. That is just what Nintendo and Microsoft want to see.

Back
Top Bottom