Building computer

Just go with the one mentioned before... eVGA GeForce 7600GT KO 256MB

The overall price will be in the $900-1000 range. And even though your dad knows a computer guy, he wont get half off... he will get like 15% off - the normal retail markup is around 30%. Stores make money on computer parts by selling in quantity, they dont make a significant amount of profit per item.

no you cant install a chipset, good news however is that you would only need to change the motherboard. which is not a big deal seeing as the mother board you would be buying right now is only about 150.
Aecliptic said:
And yes, you can get any fan... but you want to get fans that will create air flow, something that will pull - otherwise youre just blowing around hot air in the case.

so there are fans that do not create air flow? let me know where to buy those fans...

directX10, the point is that directx is a technology which video cards use, and the technology gets updated once in a WHILE, we are at one of those moments, directx9 (the version that all of the video cards have right now) will be replaced slowly but surely by directx10.
directx10 cards cant be bought right now, because they dont exist!
this is why it is recommended to people who want to build computers right now to not spend money on a good video card right now, get a decent cheap one, wait until the directX10 cards are released (whenever that may be) and THEN spend the money on a good video card.

YOU are especially lucky because the 7600gt card suits your budget and the situation which is at hand. even if you werent bothered about games, and hence directx9 or directx entirely, id still recommend the 7600gt card to you, it is a lot of performance for the price.

id still get the ocz powerstream 500watts psu,

you dont want to save money on a component like ocz, this is just my opinion, but i would never trust anything except for an ocz, antec, enermax, or pc power and cooloing.

Zaki said:
so there are fans that do not create air flow? let me know where to buy those fans...

The point Im making is that the fans wont take in and push out air fast enough to keep the case nice and cool. Id rather spend an extra 2 bucks on an elite fan.

Zaki... lets go with your philosophy than...

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply = $79.99

After looking at the companies you mentioned, I think I might get one of these instead of the CoolMax.

Aecliptic said:
The point Im making is that the fans wont take in and push out air fast enough to keep the case nice and cool. Id rather spend an extra 2 bucks on an elite fan.

Zaki... lets go with your philosophy than...

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply = $79.99

After looking at the companies you mentioned, I think I might get one of these instead of the CoolMax.

aecliptic..if i were you i would too, because 95% of the psus will work just fine under normal conditions, but its only the top psus that perform well after power surges, over heating, and messed up mother boards.

my old antec psu survived two asus mobos that fried up.

Eventhough Ill be trying to OC the C2D, I dont use the PC for gaming, I just use it for simple applications and occassionally recording some music onto the PC. So Im not worried about over heating.

Back
Top Bottom