Seriously, I am getting fed up of...

lhuser said:

Getting timeouts
Getting timeouts in some mod tools
Getting troubles with some features.

David, It IS Time to upgrade Vb to 3.6.0.

So far, Seti's site owns a lot with this version and you are missing the big fun. It's $60 to renew liscense each year and you get free upgrades throughout the year. And, I am preety sure that these ads of yours can well pay it...can't they?

Seriously, I am a moderator, but if Vb throws me timeouts on whatever I try to do, what's the point moderating?

Each thread I make...it takes me 10 minutes to put on board. I edit a thread, I get a freaking timeout...every single time. Now, I just am losing my patience...and I am to the point of telling you:

UPGRADE VB TO 3.6! IT IS VITAL!

Oh and, if you can remember, try to fix logo.

I hope you can get it still...

I am with you I dont get time outs but hey it woulc be cool to see the site upgraded or updated or w/e :D
Maybe some one could pitch in for him like help em out

BuzzStPoint said:
Why did I come back to post here?
Because I got an email about this thread and about an old version of vb versus new version of vB. I have helped many people make the upgrade from older version to newer versions and even helped some get out of free boards and into vB. So I assumed that someone wanted my opinion on vb software. Not because of CV

As fas as advertisment.. no. I wasn't advertising, When I came and read the post assuming there was a discussion on weather computerforums should upgrade to a new version and some said a new version Then I seen some have posted about cv so I commented about it. I didn't know my opinions weren't welcome here.

David,
I havent been back here in a while because of a few moderators here seemed to not like me very much. So I havent been back.

I never had anything against you or your site, Just some of your mods here dont like me for whatever reason, I beleive its difference of optinion. Either way I am sorry for comming here and posting on your forum. I did not know I wasn't welcome here. :(
I assume by some of the mods you are referring to me... Actually you arn't my problem there (CV)... there is (as far as I can reasonably see) no specific problem here, I just don't find it as friendly there (CV) as here (CF) that's all... I also had deep running problems with the way that CV was extensivly advertised here.

Anyway... As far as I'm concerned you are most welcome here... as you are usually very helpful when you are here!

back on subject... TBH I've not really seen the new version of VB, (other than on CV) and I've not seen any new features that are*worth* the upgrade, (besides supposed security upgrades)...

With a few clicks I could have this site down
script kiddie ehh??

i really disagree with pitching in...why should we? with all the money david gets from google adwords, and all the other advertisments shared between all his other websites, i believe that we don't need to pitch in...at all

joxley1990 said:
Lol, bet you couldn't.

Bet it might take a few more clicks then that, but I know what he is saying. Remember when amorssang brute forced marks account? That wouldnt have happened with the new VB.

joepic said:
i really disagree with pitching in...why should we? with all the money david gets from google adwords, and all the other advertisments shared between all his other websites, i believe that we don't need to pitch in...at all

I agree. Why the hell should we pay for better software we won't own?

... i know i wont be pitching in, i can hardly afford food at the moment, let alone paying for something i wouldnt actually own.. i like this forum, but i quite simply havnt got the money to pay for something like this..

From a lot of the responces here, it seems that many of you really don't understand how much it really costs in time and money to keep forum like this up and running. I know a couple of guys that have forums and they struggle to get by with what little they get from advertising. As for the Google adds and such, they only get paid if someone actually clicks on them.

blimey. this threads being abit harsh on cf. i do agree that it needs updating and soon though. i also think that if people think its that bad then they should move on to another forum.

Back
Top Bottom