gone bannanas...

OKay I'll try the hijack this. I use a startup control panel...by Mike Lin. Awesome program, love it. Computer boots so much faster lol I'm not sure which one your link went to because to be honest I don't care I like his :) No more of that junk starting at startup that i don't need :)

Any ideas for the computer rebooting issue?

I would just do a system restore, but I can't get that to work either (pops up with just the "frame" thing but blank screen). And even though my OE wont' start (can't find the msoe.dll) I know that's not right b/c I just replaced the msoe.dll file and it still doesn't work so something internally is screwed up...computer must have a little civil war going on inside it lol. GRRR.

EDIT: I did the hijack this and nothing came up in red. Spysweeper while it is a weird screen I could get to run and it didn't come up with anything either. I wish I could get Norton to run. Is there some sort of registry scanner type thing because I wonder if something in there got messed up.

amysrabbitranch said:
OKay I'll try the hijack this. I use a startup control panel...by Mike Lin. Awesome program, love it. Computer boots so much faster lol I'm not sure which one your link went to because to be honest I don't care I like his :) No more of that junk starting at startup that i don't need :)

Any ideas for the computer rebooting issue?

I would just do a system restore, but I can't get that to work either (pops up with just the "frame" thing but blank screen). And even though my OE wont' start (can't find the msoe.dll) I know that's not right b/c I just replaced the msoe.dll file and it still doesn't work so something internally is screwed up...computer must have a little civil war going on inside it lol. GRRR.
The link was to the Mike Lin program :) I use it too and I really like it. the reboot issue sounds like some malware that's deep into the hard drive. The problem with that is that not all programs have rootkit scanners, or scan encrypted/password protected files. HiJackThis should find if anything bad such as malware is running in your processes and that could have something to do with the reboot issue. Also I highly recommend not using IE6 because it's so prone to malware, even with a good program like spysweeper. I'd go with firefox if you want security but don't mind it using your memory, or with opera which is secure and does the same stuff plus it doesn't use your resources as much.
Outlook Express isn't the greatest program to use, it's a bit dated. I've had alot of problems when using it so I just ditched it a few years back. I'd go with mozilla thunderbird which is free and has more options and is better than Outlook Express (sorry I thought you were using office outlook that's why I said to install office again). Thunderbird will import all your settings, email messages and all that from outlook express when you first load it after isntalling so it's not hard to configure or anything. You can remove outlook from your computer from the control panel if you go to add/remove programs and then go to windows components and then click on outlook express. That's what I did and I don't have that little devil on my PC :)

P.S. if you want, you can PM or E-mail me if you want so the thread doesn't get 23412347102934701293487 pages long LOL! I keep my mail running when i'm using my PC so I can respond pretty quick. Just look in my profile and my email will be there.

Troy

Back
Top Bottom