Seriously, I am getting fed up of...

I normally wouldn't do this, but I would like to clear up some things.
I just joined CV, you shouldnt let them advertise here david, hes gona take all ur members ahahahaha..
Nah we're not gonna take all the memebrs.. Not our intention
I looked at CV... but I didn't find it to be a very friendly community at all
The problem is not that the vBUlletin software is out of date...
Vbulletin is a forum system, it's just a collection of php script!
From those that have used it...
does the newest version of Vbulletin actually do anything that is *worth* the upgrade?
(especially when it'll still be running on the same server that is causing the time outs...)

As far as I know there isn't realy anything that can be done in a php script (aside from cuttng down the amount of work done) that will actally make the sever any faster
I know you don't like us and thats fine. I'm not gonna get into that with you.
But yes the new versions does have a lot to make it worth the upgrade.
Will it make the forum faster? A bit, The code is cleaner and smoother and needs to work less on the server.
An upgrade will not make the site more reliable,
Maybe not more reliable, but smoother and easier to work with and in.
and yes I agree that CV isn't a very friendly place, mostly because I have problems with a few of the members. I doubt they will steal all of our members.
Instead of saying that, perhaps a discussion on what issues you have had. Then we could work something out. As for stealing members.. Once again, no intentions, but if they like you are all welcome over there
The point I am making is that time outs are noting to do with the vb version, more like the host / server
Timeout would be with the server. What one should worry about is the security issues of running and old versions.
I remember last time we upgraded and it took two months to iron out the gremlins
Create a subdomain, 2nd database, and a copy of the current fourm on the 2nd subdomain. Then upgrade the software, once it's done transfer it to the main domain,, Users wont be out dealing with the bugs.
As for the look, there are a few minor changes to the look. but templates can change a lot of things. You can have any look you want.
lol, whats the point of a place for visita? cant get it yet..

as i said above, i dont like the skin that cv has.. IMO, it looks ugly.. much prefer this forums layout.
Because like it or not, some people have betas, legal or not, so they like to talk about it..
As for the layout? Hmm you like the default skin here better then the default skin there??? Must be a colors thing..
I think a few new themes at least would be good.
When you add custom features to a forum different themes are hard to keep up with. Especially when you need to bug check. But yes different themes are nice for users.

Bottom line to the main point. A new version upgrade wont help with timeouts. There a few reasons why. One is the httpd or the sql server, Thats what will cause timeouts. Unless the code here was messed with so much thats it's looping when you make a post but I doubt that happened.
The new version of vB will make things smoother and easier to use, operate, and administer.

its called advertisment

edit.. yes, i do prefer the layout here ALOT more than over there.. i think it looks alot better here, more professional..

Why do you come back after 4 months just to make a post about cv? Explanation please?

Why did I come back to post here?
Because I got an email about this thread and about an old version of vb versus new version of vB. I have helped many people make the upgrade from older version to newer versions and even helped some get out of free boards and into vB. So I assumed that someone wanted my opinion on vb software. Not because of CV

As fas as advertisment.. no. I wasn't advertising, When I came and read the post assuming there was a discussion on weather computerforums should upgrade to a new version and some said a new version Then I seen some have posted about cv so I commented about it. I didn't know my opinions weren't welcome here.

David,
I havent been back here in a while because of a few moderators here seemed to not like me very much. So I havent been back.

I never had anything against you or your site, Just some of your mods here dont like me for whatever reason, I beleive its difference of optinion. Either way I am sorry for comming here and posting on your forum. I did not know I wasn't welcome here. :(

Buzz is alright. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's always been nice and he is still. Seriously, you guys are sometimes being harsh to people and you auto-assuming stuff. C'mon!

As far for topic:

I think it's really time to get a new host and Vb. Don't judge me wrong, but if the host times out a lot, it's not a very good thing for a new member. I think it's time to get hosted by this guy:

http://www.hosting.com/

And you know where to get Vb...I guess

Or, at least a host...just to fix this problem...

Huh.. From a member's viewpoint, I see nothing wrong with the way this site loads and operates. I frequent other forums using this and older versions of Vb without any problems. It's obviously server/host related, not the Vb version that's causing the timeouts for some of you.

With a few clicks I could have this site down. Not a threat, just letting you know how vulnerable older versions of VB are :eek:

No, Because people that would do it don't know how.

Just because we know how doesn't mean we do it, and just because people don't know how doesnt mean they can't.

And Don't bother asking David for anything about the message board. It's all about money for him, As long as its running and he's making money, he's not about to shovel out some more.

I even offered to make skins for him once, he thinks the default one is fine, So whatever. The lack of member's influence is making me leave the site.

David, Unless you listen to your member's needs, You're not going to have any members in the end.

Back
Top Bottom