Importing SQL Database Backup Problem

Nimandir

Baseband Member
Okay, I've been running a forum for almost a year now. It has always been slow, so I was thinking of moving some of the articles over to a new forum. While I was installing this new forum, that I was going to tinker with, I made a mistake and went to delete the database for it. Well, I deleted the wrong database and lost the database for my functional forum :eek:

I have a backup copy of the database for August 8th, but I'm having problems uploading it. I created a new database with the same name as the old one. When I clicked to import the backup, I got this message:

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Table structure for table `phpbb_force_read_users`
--
CREATE TABLE phpbb_force_read_users(
user varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',
READ int( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0',
time int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '0'
) TYPE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'read int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
time int(10) NOT NULL defau

The forum I'm trying to upload the backup for is an Integramod forum (integramod2.com). Also, if it helps, my host is using MySQL version 4.0.27-standard. I've already asked on the Integramod website with no results.

It might have something to do with the fact that READ is a reserved word in MySQL. I will keep working on it and see if I can figure something out...

Thanks, I got the answer on the phpbb forum.

I had to change this:

user varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',
READ int( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0',
time int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '0'
) TYPE = MYISAM ;

To this:
`user` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',
`READ` int( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`time` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '0'
) TYPE = MYISAM ;