fastest gaming intel processors

jaso109

Solid State Member
i have read intel has new processors that made a big improvment in gaming over amd. i forget what its called anyone konw and waht are the avaliable speeds for that.

Intel Core 2 Duo is the name of the brand, the processor you should get if you want a really good price-to-performance ratio is the Core 2 Duo E6300 or E6400.

The best performance-per-dollar is really the E6600, if you can find it for around 350 dollars. I know TigerDirect.com has OEM versions of them for 359 bucks, which is a great deal since they're brand new. The models below this do not have the 4 MB of L2 Cache.

Also, make sure they are Core 2 Duos, not just Core Duos.

Jamxx said:
The best performance-per-dollar is really the E6600, if you can find it for around 350 dollars. I know TigerDirect.com has OEM versions of them for 359 bucks, which is a great deal since they're brand new. The models below this do not have the 4 MB of L2 Cache.

Also, make sure they are Core 2 Duos, not just Core Duos.

I don't think the E6600 is the best price-to-performance Core 2 Duo. It's almost $400...that's way up there. However, $229 is right about what most peopel would spend. Thus making it's price afforadable, and it's performance exceptional. And then if you overclock it you'll really take it to new heights and experience somethgin very close to X6800 performance.

In case you didnt know this, the E6600 is the first Core 2 Duo processor to achieve a 100% overclock. The E6600 is probably the best for your money. It is roughly 350 sometimes less. The lower models will be stuck with a low multiplier and that is a problem if your motherboard cant handle high bus speeds.

Back
Top Bottom