Seriously, I am getting fed up of...

I looked at CV... but I didn't find it to be a very friendly community at all... if all the members want to go there then there is nothing to stop them... but I seriously doubt that the entier community would migrate there!

The problem is not that the vBUlletin software is out of date...
Vbulletin is a forum system, it's just a collection of php script!

the time outs are comming from the server, there are two ways that I could think to fix this.

1, reboot the server, there are obviously some memory mangement issues.
2, upgrade the server, as I said there are obviously some issues with over working,
if the machine cannot process a post in 20 seconds then that indicates problems.
3, chaneg teh tmieout limit in the php.ini file...

From those that have used it...
does the newest version of Vbulletin actually do anything that is *worth* the upgrade?
(especially when it'll still be running on the same server that is causing the time outs...)

As far as I know there isn't realy anything that can be done in a php script (aside from cuttng down the amount of work done) that will actally make the sever any faster.

Well, with or without the timeouts, we need an upgrade, I mean how hard is it, actually to do, answer, not very! I am also getting time-outs more frequently, but as root said, that could be the hardware on the server..

i have to say that i agree w/most od the relply's here, and hope that maybe dave will have a second look at the upgrade, but if it is with the server and not the software, then i think this may solve itself after a re-boot like Root said.

An upgrade will not make the site more reliable, the server is not as reliable as our old one but someone thought it was funny to report a hacking thread here to the datacenter so we had to move. our previous server was in the best datacenter available and then we got kicked out.

I haven't had any problems with the site either.....and yes I agree that CV isn't a very friendly place, mostly because I have problems with a few of the members. I doubt they will steal all of our members.

lhuser said:
Any ways to change the host?
Well we were with the best, I went for the one with the best reputation from several hosting forums. The point I am making is that time outs are noting to do with the vb version, more like the host / server

David you need to make some major upgrades/updates to this site. I haven't PMed you in a while just because you never reply. Look through some old PM's, I'm sure you have them from other members too. Also, tons of threads that I'm sure you don't care to look through

Back
Top Bottom