What Causes shimmering(liquid puddles)

adrian krstisto

Baseband Member
What causes shimmering in some video games? Shimmering kind of looks like moire pattern. is their a way to fix this? ive used af 16x and high quality.

probably the driver, I've noticed the "sandbag bug" in BF2 with the 91.33 driver.

What card / driver do you have?

Hi, thanks for the reply

I use 91.31

i knew it was the driver.... had this problem happen to me while playing oblivion but then i re-installed and poof it was gone, but now i notice it in other games, its not a big deal but still... if their is a fix id love to hear about it

btw whats the latest driver?

I'm running the 91.33 beta, the 91.31 is the latest official release but has tray icon and SLI balloon pop up bug, these issues are resolved in the beta, but the sandbag / shimmer bug is still present on certain BF2 maps for me. No fix I'm aware of to date, maybe when the 91.33 is official it will be fixed, fingers crossed.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum btw :)

There really isn't any setting as such to resolve the issue as it is driver based, my only suggestion would be to revert to the 8x.xx series drivers to see if that helps and reduce any overclocks (maybe, though that is debatable)

Back
Top Bottom