AMD or Intel

Isn't that Moore's law? He's the cofounder of Intel who said every 18 months, the number of transistors on the cpu would double.

That's Moore's Law, but the new technologies every two years is something Intel announced about half a year ago. ;)

Do AMD heat up as much? Like I have heard that they dont get hot at all or at least not as much as intel.
Me I have intel but i think i like AMD

AMD's don't heat up as much as NetBurst based Intel processors, but sometimes things happen. If your heatsink fan goes down, at least Intel processors will automatically shut off to cool down and let you know something is wrong. AMD processors lack these types of things, which then means if you heatsink fan goes down, the only way you can tell is if you have some temperature sensor/probe or some program to let you know. Otherwise you can kiss it goodbye.

alvino said:
AMD's don't heat up as much as NetBurst based Intel processors, but sometimes things happen. If your heatsink fan goes down, at least Intel processors will automatically shut off to cool down and let you know something is wrong. AMD processors lack these types of things, which then means if you heatsink fan goes down, the only way you can tell is if you have some temperature sensor/probe or some program to let you know. Otherwise you can kiss it goodbye.
Okay, Thank You for clearing that up for me :), That sucks.... I wonder if they are making some thing to fix this

AMD... AMD 64s are backwards compatable with 32bit processing, but new Intel 64bit processing isn't as compatable with 32bit...

I liek intel for it's huge market share. When it comes down to money: intel is the best. Not only that, but they offer a MUCH stronger product line then AMD does. Just look at the prices of the Pentium D line-up! Not only that, but Core 2 Duo is very reasonably priced in my opinion; here's why: Remember when X2 series came out, how ridiculiously expensive it was? Wat was it, $300+ for the 3800+? Intel's lowest C2D processor is $229, considerably lower, and with the launch of more products, the price will just get lower and lower.

Intel is sitting in a very very good spot. Well, it always has been, seeing as how roughly 80% of the market share is in its control.

zak4000 said:
AMD... AMD 64s are backwards compatable with 32bit processing, but new Intel 64bit processing isn't as compatable with 32bit...

I don't even know what to say. I can't stop laughing! If Core 2 Duo wasn't 32-bit compatible then it wouldn't be a x86 processor. Wow buddy, let's go read CPU architectures 101 before we make statements liek that. ;)

Sytheious said:
I don't even know what to say. I can't stop laughing! If Core 2 Duo wasn't 32-bit compatible then it wouldn't be a x86 processor. Wow buddy, let's go read CPU architectures 101 before we make statements liek that. ;)

He said "as" compatible, meaning its compatible but to a certain extent, or its not that effective. Conroe is one fine processor, for gaming, multimedia, anything.

Back
Top Bottom