New Car!!

Holy crap!!!!! That TRD supercharger is a centrifugal version!!!! Takes less space and less heat probably compared to what I got. Mine is a roots design and plus, it doesn't need a piggyback TRD ECU like what I have!!!!!!!!! Only one TRD ECU upgrade over the exisitng one, it looks like. Talk about a HUGE improvement in technology. Wow.....I'm jealous now. I've seen the Injen muffler before online on other sites. They're all the same pretty much, but never heard the sound byte.

"The much anticipated TRD TC Supercharger is now available. The supercharger itself introduces several new features not used in previous TRD superchargers. A space-efficient centrifugal supercharger has been incorporated into the design to give smooth power delivery that is well matched to the tC powertrain. Also new is a simple reprogramming process used to make the tC Engine Control Unit compatible with the supercharger. This does away with the secondary supplemental ECU used with previous TRD superchargers. The supercharger provides up to 200 horsepower which is equivalent to up to a 25% increase in peak horsepower. "

TRDCorolla said:
Holy crap!!!!! That TRD supercharger is a centrifugal version!!!! Takes less space and less heat probably compared to what I got. Mine is a roots design and plus, it doesn't need a piggyback TRD ECU like what I have!!!!!!!!! Only one TRD ECU upgrade over the exisitng one, it looks like. Talk about a HUGE improvement in technology. Wow.....I'm jealous now. I've seen the Injen muffler before online on other sites. They're all the same pretty much, but never heard the sound byte.

"The much anticipated TRD TC Supercharger is now available. The supercharger itself introduces several new features not used in previous TRD superchargers. A space-efficient centrifugal supercharger has been incorporated into the design to give smooth power delivery that is well matched to the tC powertrain. Also new is a simple reprogramming process used to make the tC Engine Control Unit compatible with the supercharger. This does away with the secondary supplemental ECU used with previous TRD superchargers. The supercharger provides up to 200 horsepower which is equivalent to up to a 25% increase in peak horsepower. "

Crap sounds nice im gonna save up for it but later hehe cant for 2.7k right now plus the instalation on it try the first link again works for me the exhaust doesent look that big and sounds deep and i bet its the whole exhaust sistem its an Injen axle back exhaust.

The axle back is not that great. Don't get it, really. The reason why I got a TRD axle back is because it's factory warranty on my car. I bought my car new so it has all the nice warranties which I don't want to void when souping it up. Hence, everything is TRD---and my screenname "TRDCorolla".

Get a cat back if you can. If you do get that supercharger, get a new set of racing header with a complete header back exhaust system. The blower will benefit from this kind of setup. DC Sports may have some race header for the tC. Then add aquamist water injection to your setup and use an aftermarket emanage to crank up that HP and making it more efficient. Whew, you'll have one hell of a racer.

TRDCorolla said:
The axle back is not that great. Don't get it, really. The reason why I got a TRD axle back is because it's factory warranty on my car. I bought my car new so it has all the nice warranties which I don't want to void when souping it up. Hence, everything is TRD---and my screenname "TRDCorolla".

Get a cat back if you can. If you do get that supercharger, get a new set of racing header with a complete header back exhaust system. The blower will benefit from this kind of setup. DC Sports may have some race header for the tC.
Yeah im trying to find a vid showing how the TRD sounds hehe :D
Found it sounds nice!!!
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/video/

I have a video of an 03 Corolla with the TRD exhaust. Sounds nice, not loud, but nice. I don't know where to upload it because it's a pretty big sound file.

Oh man, that sounds tooo damn good. That's what I'm talking about. My car has a similar sound too!!!!!!!!!!!! I still recommened changing out the pipes if you can to a bigger diameter. Add a new resonator or glass pack to beef up that sound further.

TRDCorolla said:
Oh man, that sounds tooo damn good. That's what I'm talking about. My car has a similar sound too!!!!!!!!!!!! I still recommened changing out the pipes if you can to a bigger diameter. Add a new resonator or glass pack to beef up that sound further.
Crap its sounds so good on the vid when the car flew-by crap sounded so nice

On that flyby, if you also had the supercharger in there, you would also hear the sound it makes which will also turn heads. You'll smoke them. Drop it in low gear and don't ease off on the gas pedal. Just keep accelerating and shift up until you reach "D". You'll hear a ssssshhhhhhh type sound from the supercharger or something to that effect. It's pretty loud the harder you accelerate. It's cramming in all that air into your engine. You may not be able to add in intake though once the supercharger is on. I couldn't on mine. I could but require more work and money to get one one so the car doesn't sputter. The supercharger kit will probably come with an additional thermostat and a new intake component. You'll also need colder spark plugs too once that the supercharger is in.

My TRD exahust doesn't idle that loud though. That exhaust system has got to be custom using the TRD muffler.

TRDCorolla said:
On that flyby, if you also had the supercharger in there, you would also hear the sound it makes which will also turn heads. You'll smoke them. Drop it in low gear and don't ease off on the gas pedal. Just keep accelerating and shift up until you reach "D". You'll hear a ssssshhhhhhh type sound from the supercharger or something to that effect. It's pretty loud the harder you accelerate. It's cramming in all that air into your engine. You may not be able to add in intake though once the supercharger is on. I couldn't on mine. I could but require more work and money to get one one so the car doesn't sputter. The supercharger kit will probably come with an additional thermostat and a new intake component. You'll also need colder spark plugs too once that the supercharger is in.

My TRD exahust doesn't idle that loud though. That exhaust system has got to be custom using the TRD muffler.
The the exhaust vids were before the supercharger imagine with the super charger what i like about the gears you can just switch to the side from D to 3
http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11631&hl=trd+exhaust+sound

Back
Top Bottom