Gallery: Graphics Cards

OMG ONOS

I have noooo idea what we are talking about.. but on another note..

e7600.jpg

^^^
Best damn $150 of my life. :)

man.. just look how much smaller it is than an x1800gto..
x1800gto-7600gt.jpg

I want to replace my fan on that thing someday... so noisey... :(

MikeReiner said:
OMG ONOS

I have noooo idea what we are talking about.. but on another note..

e7600.jpg

^^^
Best damn $150 of my life. :)

man.. just look how much smaller it is than an x1800gto..
x1800gto-7600gt.jpg

I want to replace my fan on that thing someday... so noisey... :(

Yeah, well the 7600 GT hardly uses any power, which is why you see only a few capacitors on the PCB. The X1800 GTO on the other hand, uses a lot of power, so there's more capacitors which take up more space.

alvino said:
Yeah, well the 7600 GT hardly uses any power, which is why you see only a few capacitors on the PCB. The X1800 GTO on the other hand, uses a lot of power, so there's more capacitors which take up more space.
Yeah I know, it makes sense.. Isn't that x1800gto about as fast as the 7600GT? if so wouldn't that make it kinda.. ineffecient?

MikeReiner said:
Yeah I know, it makes sense.. Isn't that x1800gto about as fast as the 7600GT? if so wouldn't that make it kinda.. ineffecient?
if u ask me....yup!

i wouldn't be suprised if the 7600GT beat the X1800GTO quite purely and simply. although i don't kno, i'm just guessing

MikeReiner said:

The R520 core uses a lot of power and produces a lot of heat. Mainly because of it's 300+ million transistors. Why? Because of ATI's ingenious Ring Bus Memory Controller. :D

alvino said:
The R520 core uses a lot of power and produces a lot of heat. Mainly because of it's 300+ million transistors. Why? Because of ATI's ingenious Ring Bus Memory Controller. :D
I suppose that makes sense.. sorta.. more transistors doing thier thing the more heat it makes.. i recall someone once tellming that transisters are just a bunch of switches flipping on and off and ludacris speeds, causing friction, which causes heat..

Back
Top Bottom