Sony mylo VS. Ipod Video

soocerboy01@aol

Beta member
have you guys seen sony mylo i really whant it i was thinking of getting it insted of the ipod video is really cool the bad thing is that it only 1 gb but has a memory slot witch i think iam gowing to buy a 4gb card they are only 150. its just i dont know if its gowing to be a good mp3 player but it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koQFjKwVFB0

thats the sony mylo

so what do you guys think about the ipod video i like it alot its really nice but iam not shure is it good to watch long videos like full movies ?

the mylo can only go to 4 gigs... pffffft! go with the ipod you can get either a 30 gig, or a 60 gig, plus you can use itunes with it and buy your favorite shows.

yeah ive watched movies on my ipod, and you can get the shows off itunes (or limewire i if thats ur thing) and play them on ur tv through a/v

There's a difference between the Sony Mylo and Apple iPod. The iPod relies heavily on music, videos and photos. The Mylo is like the T-Mobile Sidekick. You can IM others, use Skype, and it's really a communication hub more than anything. The music and photo is to supplement everything. I'm actually very interested in the Mylo. The Wi-Fi feature it has is revolutionary how you can connect with other Mylos to share and stream music.

Microsoft is also using that concept in their new Zune, rumored for a November realease. :)

I don't think the Microsoft's answer to the Ipod will fare so good. People who have spent so much for Ipods won't be willing to convert unless there are some major advantages or benefits.

Actually the Zune is pretty interesting. First, one of the biggest selling points of the iPod is the accessories. Microsoft is going to have tons of accessories as well, many are from the sam companies that make iPod accessories (lower licensing costs draw more attention). Of course, there's still a while before the Zune is out, so no one can really say whether it'll be good or not.

Argh, you guys aren't getting the point. The Sony Mylo is desgined as a communications hub, with music/ video/ photo as a supplement. The Apple iPod is an entertainment hub, built for playing music, videos and viewing photos.

So it depends what you need. If you're looking to have a nice communications hub for IM'ing or Skype'ing other people, the Mylo is for you. If you want a MP3 player that plays videos and can view photos, get the iPod.

Back
Top Bottom