Suggestions for pic hosting

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I'm going to be going on vacation here in a little over 2 weeks and I'm going to be taking my digital camera (Canon Powershot A75 3.2mp) and I'm going to be taking a lot of pics (Disneyworld) and my question is, what are your suggestions/opinions on the best way to share these photos?

They are going to be big pics and big file sizes as I have my cam set to the highest resolution (2048x1536 superfine quality). I'd like to be able to upload the full size pics somewhere in a thumbnail pic sharing site.

The last resort option for me is actually burning them to a cd and giving them to my relatives who want them, but I want to also be able to share them with online friends and my cousin in NC without having to send her an actual CD.

Any help/suggestions/opinions you will give will be appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

hmm... most sites shrink your images, but if you find one that you can upload full size let me know...

but if you are willing to let it shrink your image, i like photobucket.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

you could also, get a server and a domain from godaddy.com for like 7 bucks, and just make a little site, and put all your pictures on it, full size with ftp.

-------------------------------------------

not advertising, you could use any company, i was just pointing out that i use godaddy and they are cheap.

I use imageshack. Not sure if it will resize the pictures. And there is probably a filesize limit. But try it out and see if it works for you, I've been happy with it so far.

Alright, thanks guys....I'll look around some more and see if I can't find one that is better.

I took alot of pictures on a recent vacation, and I found that the kodak easy share actually works really well. The only catch is that you dont really post the pictures online, it sends them for you in emails. It sounds like a stupid idea, but i found that it really cuts down on the loading time on the relatives computer, and it doesnt resize the photo at all.

mammikoura said:
I use imageshack. Not sure if it will resize the pictures....
It doesn't resize the originals, but offers several options to do so if you wish.
mammikoura said:
.... And there is probably a filesize limit...... .
1.5MB last time I looked.

Also there is Photobucket.

mammikoura said:
I use imageshack. Not sure if it will resize the pictures. And there is probably a filesize limit. But try it out and see if it works for you, I've been happy with it so far.
I use imageshack. 1.5MB filesize limit, I don't think it shrinks your pics.

Tommy I can host them for a bit if you'd like. That way they don't get resized by Imageshack or Photobucket. If you want to do that, you could just email them to me as you take them

Back
Top Bottom