Alaskan Pipeline shutdown

Thats it, I wouldnt work -90f for 75k-100k...Better off going to college for 6yrs, and being a pharmacist or something..God damn gas prices, we need to run cars on pure methane...And some of us plp from cf should buy a corn field, and become rich :)

I imagine that's bad for Alaskas economy.

I think most people up there have something to do with oil, fishing, and stuff.

I would if I hadn't already found my career yet. Go up there for even a year as a single guy, and come back with 100 thousand, How can you go wrong.

But to each their own.

Same thing for those crazy ass fisherman who fish in the gulf of alaska. I'm sorry but you couldn't pay me enough to do that crap.

I dont know about the fishing, but I could handle the cold for 100grand a year. Lol that much money, I could handle alot of cold..

Well I was just watching the history channel, and they were doing a show about alternative fuels. It turns out that hydrogen is derived from 90-95% natural gas, which is a fossil fuel. It's not like even if we switch to hydrogen powered cars, its gonna solve anything. We still need to tackle global warming. Someone think of a way to get hydrogen without using natural gas!!

PerfectSK said:
Well I was just watching the history channel, and they were doing a show about alternative fuels. It turns out that hydrogen is derived from 90-95% natural gas, which is a fossil fuel. It's not like even if we switch to hydrogen powered cars, its gonna solve anything. We still need to tackle global warming. Someone think of a way to get hydrogen without using natural gas!!
They could always use E-85 ethanol! that way gas prices could go down a lot because we would need less. Another idea is that if we could get a car to run on water that wouldn't be too bad because wouldn't the water vapors be put back into the atmosphere?

Moving all the current car architecture to work with E-85 ethanol would take a lot of work. Not to mention we need a lot of gas stations supporting the up and coming fuel alternative. A car that runs on water would be cool, but too much water vapor also causes global warming. We just need to stop relying so much on gasoline based cars.

Crabby... said:
Yeah, but you would not have 100k. You would still have to have some sort of shelter, food, clothing, transpertation. You might come back with like...60k

If you sink 40 thousand dollars in shelter, food, clothing and transportation, I'm at a loss for words. Folks can manage those 4 AND a family on 40 grand/yr.

Back
Top Bottom