Speeding up torrents..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Someone mentioned yesterday there was a way to speed up torrents via port forwarding, would someone kindly explain how I would go about this, Im using BitComet..

And also, anyone know any other ways of speeding up torrents? Legal ones, of course..

James

Kind of an obvious one but play with capping your upload speed, although not beneficial for the community it will speed up your download. I find that sometimes when I have no uploads at all I get bad speeds but an average upload speed gives me good results. What is your download speed on an average well seeded torrent?

what speeds are u getting?
One way is to find the same torrent (has to be exactly the same) from a different tracker and then add the tracker to ur downloads. I'm pretty sure u can do this with bitcomes.
And if u are getting really slow speeds then check that the port that bitcomet is using is open. (go into the router and find the firewall settings)

Liquidus said:
Kind of an obvious one but play with capping your upload speed, although not beneficial for the community it will speed up your download. I find that sometimes when I have no uploads at all I get bad speeds but an average upload speed gives me good results. What is your download speed on an average well seeded torrent?

With DSL connection the upload speed shouldn't be more than 90% of the maximum, if it is then it will slow down downloads.. Don't know about cable.

Back
Top Bottom