**Terror Attempts in Britain**

All the flights targeted where UK to US flights, if I remember correctly... so you should be okay. Well done to the security services though.

The threat level is raised to Severe, for all UK to US flights. And they're dispatching national gaurd to Massachusets (sp) and California.

joxley1990 said:
I hope my flight to spain next week isant cancelled..

to be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if it was.. it all depends on what happens over the weekend, and tomorrow.. this was a very serious threat, today, 1/3 of outbound flights were cancelled at stansted alone, thats alot of flights.. it may be back okay by next week, just phone up the company your flying with, and see what their policys are regarding this..

Yeah, there was a plan to blow up 20 british airways and american airways planes over the atlantic. The idea was to get at the UK and the US.

I hope they put them away for many years and then deport them!

Spain isant over the Antartica though, they are only blocking certain flights..but still, it's the Oxley family, something is likely to go wrong. I really really hope I still get to go, I would be so gutted if it got cancelled.

David Lindon said:
Yeah, there was a plan to blow up 20 british airways and american airways planes over the atlantic. The idea was to get at the UK and the US.

Deport, naa, they should either send them down for life, or give them the death penaulty. Imagine the UK getting attacked, I would hate, it, I would be so scared, you never think it will happen to your country, until it does..

David Lindon said:
Yeah, there was a plan to blow up 20 british airways and american airways planes over the atlantic.

Don't know if were talkin about the same thing, but..
CNN.com said:
British authorities arrested at least 21 people suspected of planning to use liquid explosives to destroy as many as 10 jetliners. U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the suspects were in the final stages of the plot.

Back
Top Bottom