6 CD's > 1 DVD?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i have lots of games that uses 3 or more installation cd's. can i put these on a dvd and use that instead?

well you would have to figure out how to copy all of the hidden files... because i have tried to make backups of games and not all files copied, some type of copy protection...

I don't know if you can really do that. I just have to ask, though, what would be the purpose? You only use those other discs for installing. I don't even use discs for my games (except for ones with StarForce); I get either Fixed EXE files or image files to make the game think I have the disc in. Much more convenient. ;)

Starforce... blah. I never buy games with such horrible copy protection. It's one thing for a company to protect their work, it's another to do it at the expense of the customers hardware.. that protection can damage your cd rom drives after a while.

On an on topic note, I believe you can copy all the installation files from the 6 UT04 install CDs and put them on one dvd and not have issues.. just put them each in their own folders on the dvd I believe.

i got ut2k4 on a dvd to...editors choice edition i think, but its supposed to be like that.
but for other things i don't know...

Starforce can really damage your drives? I did not know that! How would it damage them?!

Back
Top Bottom